okay, so me and 2 friends maybe are going to start a "3-guitar band", so just three guitars.
1.do you think it will work good with just guitars?
2.any good songs we could cover?

thanks!
btw, we all three got strats hehe
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
i ran into a band with 3 guitarists and no bassist. was not impressed. if you got a bassist, go for it. but more is not always better.
I'm not sure if it will "work good"... it might work well though...

Methinks somebody should play bass and you should find a drummer.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
yeah, but this is ONLY three guitars, a guitar trio

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
I'm in a band with three guitarists, no bass player, and a drum machine because no one can play them around here and we sound pretty kick@ss. but we really need a drummer lol One of my friends has a seven stringer and the rest of us have sixers. one strat lol. well when we started, me and one of my friends had a First Act strat copy thing (not sure about the name) and my other friend had his strat. and but yea it can work you just gotta beleive in yourself lol
I am currently in a band with 3 guitarists, but we also have a drummer, and one of the guitarists also plays bass. You need drums and bass (imo) to keep a band tight and also provide a range of audio frequencies for a listener not provided by guitars, which will subconsciously lead to a 'better' sound.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Try Iron Maiden songs.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
I know an awesome band with three guitarists. Two words, my friend. Hawthorne Heights.

.....lolz
Nikolas
It can work and it can suck ass for you. It all depends on the style of music you're playing.
Quote by hightension01
its called

hypocrasy
Or some Vai if you're good enough. I'd love to hear a Dying Day cover.
Get a drummer and you could cover some Electro Quarterstaff. They're an instrumental metal band with three guitarists.
RIP RICHARD DUNN
It's gonna sound like crap unless you're all really good and you're playing Vai or Explosions in the Sky type stuff or something.
first of all, pearl jam rocks man

second, you really need a bass player and a drummer
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
You could do something quite interesting by having one of the guys become a bassist and another use a baritone. Then you need a drummer and you could be doing something pretty sweet.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
we have actually found a drummer,basist and keyboardist

seriously get a singer a bassist and a drummer and you will have a good lineup, and hopefully will sound tight and will sound like a good band.

hope it all goes well cause 3 guitarist bands aren't that common, well not ones that are any good.
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
That kinda thing only works if you play classical, jazz or latin, or something like that. Everything else needs bass and drums. Also, in my experience, more than 2 guitars doesn't work too well.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
i dont think its a good idea..
3 guitarist is fine if u have a bass player and drummer
my friends are in a band with 3 guitarist and they sound good but they also have a drummer and bass player...they are a must
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
Quote by Ferrarone
we have actually found a drummer,basist and keyboardist

have a guy concentrate on singing then
three guitars is totaly overkill and people will just say "iron maiden clones" etc also there will be a clash of egos and youll all be trying to solo or be louder than the other members etc, one guitarist is best but two can also be sweet as long as both members are truly honest with each other and generous but three becomes to many and can start to get in the way ect.
2 guitarists playing together is tricky enough, three is a nightmare unless you're a)incredibly accomplished or b) have set roles. For a look at Iron Maiden, three guitarists, but three shit-hot guitarists who know their material like the back of their hands. For set roles, look at Lynyrd Skynyrd...effectively there's a rhythm player, a lead player and a slide player. They alternate somewhat, but everyone knows exactly what they should be doing and, more importantly, what everyone else is doing.

have a guy concentrate on singing then

Best suggestion yet, singing and playing is tricky, so one person can sing and play simple backing chords or something.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Check out the California Guitar Trio.

IMO, for a setup like yours, you should play more classical or light stuff, which might not appeal to everyone.
I think it would work if you guys could do some nasty effects and sick harmonics. You might need a drum machine.
3 guitar band don't work, volume wars, fights over solos. thats why my last band broke up.