ok, iv been playing bass for about 1.5 years and im pretty good at it, but i have only used the standered tuning and my tuner sucks ass , and its just broke, i want to tune my bass (its a 5 string Ibanez, tuned BEADG) to CGCF (System of A Down's Shavo) or even better to be GCGCF(Mudvayne) , so any help that i can to this with octives, ear, ect. and i dont have a keyboard. i really need to know how to do this

Any help would be appreciated
Tune the E string to C (3rd fret on A string) and tune from there. You'd want to go the same way you would for drop D. 7th fret on the C will give you the G...5th fret on G will give you the C...5th from there gives you F.

I may be a little off there, but the basic concept is the same. I honestly have never used Drop C. Good luck though
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
get a tuner? they have online ones that will beep, and just use a 12th fret harmonic to tune (much easier than trying to hear the open string)
you can then use harmonics to tune( 5th on lower string, 7th on higher for a tune of a 4th up) and use 12th frets for same name strings
Quote by Confused4930
Tune the E string to C (3rd fret on A string) and tune from there. You'd want to go the same way you would for drop D. 7th fret on the C will give you the G...5th fret on G will give you the C...5th from there gives you F.

I may be a little off there, but the basic concept is the same. I honestly have never used Drop C. Good luck though

thanks, but i thought that CGCF would give you a lower sound not a higher then the standered tuning, anyways im not so good in these kins of stuff, im only good at playing
Drop C does give you a lower register...you just tune the E string an octave lower than the C (on the A string). Harmonics will also help you get those two notes to sound the same...but as I don't know the mechanics behind harmonics, I can't help too much there.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
k thanks , but now that i play it doesnt feel right its too tight, when i watch the system of a down videos, the bassist's string are all loose and he has CGCF, do i need heavy gauge strings or something to loose it ??
dude you tuned it up to the C on the A string. It needs to be an octave lower than that. First tune to drop D (where the 7th fret of the E string sounds the same as the open A string). Next, make the A string sound the same as the 5th fret on your LOWEST D string. This string will now become a G string (no snide remarks). Make the HIGHER D string sound the same as the 5th fret of your LOW G string. This string will become a C string. Make the HIGHER G string sound the same as the 5th fret of your C string. This will become the F string, and you are now in D Standard. Next, drop your low D string to where the 7th fret sounds the same as the G string. You're in drop C. (CGCF)
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
dude you tuned it up to the C on the A string. It needs to be an octave lower than that. First tune to drop D (where the 7th fret of the E string sounds the same as the open A string). Next, make the A string sound the same as the 5th fret on your LOWEST D string. This string will now become a G string (no snide remarks). Make the HIGHER D string sound the same as the 5th fret of your LOW G string. This string will become a C string. Make the HIGHER G string sound the same as the 5th fret of your C string. This will become the F string, and you are now in D Standard. Next, drop your low D string to where the 7th fret sounds the same as the G string. You're in drop C. (CGCF)

thanks, that sounds better