Ive started to learn guitar (acoustic at the moment) and have so far learnt the main parts of smoke on the water and wild thing.

So what should I learn next that would be slighty harder than both these songs?

Thanks
Try some nice acoustic songs by the Beatles & Pink Floyd.

Wish you Were Here by Floyd
Some Eva Cassidy acoustic gear.

Gets you used to positioning and suchlike.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Any crap nirvana ever did is easy. I'd say go with that. If you know a power chord you can pretty much play anything they ever did.ever.
Learn the rest of them. It's good training to actually play them all the way trough, and not just learning the main riff of both of them, because that's practially no more than 3-4 chords in succession per song, not really much at all.

Learn both songs, all the way through, and make sure it's correct and flows. Then learn a couple of other songs, slightly more complex than these two. You can also give the leads a try if you want.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
RUN CHROMATICS (1,2,3,4 fret/finger, then move up tot he next string. Once you've done all six strings up and down, move it up a fret and keep repeating until you've hit the top of th eneck, then come back down. Boring but very beneficial.)
Just pick some songs you like, remember to take it slowly and have fun. I believe that when starting guitar the most important thing is to enjoy it, lots of people want to progress very quickly and end up disgusted..
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.
I really like Yes for acoustic (meet all good people, mood for a day). Got alot of meet all good people down and am going to start messing with mood for a day. Another one that's on my list is Uncle Toms cabin by Warrant (cherry pie cd). I'm using a Dean electric, but it has a pretty clean sound for trying acoustic and with effects i'll be able to switch to the harder sound. Hope I can pull it off, but it will be fun trying.
Try House of the Rising Sun
easy song to learn that is also fairly easy to play in several different keys
great practice for switching from one chord to another
Am C D F and E or
Em G A C and B
Main thing is just have fun!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.