Well i appreciate the help i got in the last thread i posted... i've decided that to achieve that nice beefy metal tone i'm either going to get a new amp or a new pickup. I currently own a yamaha pacifica 112 and a roland cube 15 amp.

I have been reading through the specs for the cube 60 and i like the stuff it has, either that or a line 6 spider III 30 which one is the better out of the two for high gain? and also what do you recommend first any of those amps or replace my shitty yamaha humbucker with an emg 80? the main thing i am looking for is to get a nice metal sounding tone when soloing.

thanks
I suggest saving up more and getting a new guitar. Maybe a Schecter Hellraiser (Which comes with active EMG's) or an Ibanez, it's all personal preference. However, you can count on the Cube 60 being an amazing amp for the money and would get you the tones you're looking for.
Celtic FootballClub1888
DO NOT BUY the line 6 amp..i bought one and it blew up within a week..i've never played on a roland so i couldn't tell you....i have an EMG 81 and they're great
ok thanks... see its a starter guitar i got for christmas and i would hate to tell my mum i want a new guitar now lol
u need the amp it will sound so much better definately get the cube... if u buy pickups it will still sound bad cause of a bad amp
Guitars:
Ibanez IC300
Fender American Strat w/RioGrande texas specials

Amps:
Fender FM212R
a now broken tube amp

Quote by Gofishus
Dual Core. Do More. <-- Intel branded women.

Member of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Fan Club
Quote by 3nemy
ok thanks... see its a starter guitar i got for christmas and i would hate to tell my mum i want a new guitar now lol

Ah, I know where you're coming from man. I would just get the Cube 60, putting a new pup in a Pacifica wouldn't make THAT much of a difference to your tone. New amp FTW
Celtic FootballClub1888
Difinally the Cube dude!

I say replace the amp! because the pup wont make such a big difference to your sound ATALL.

Maybe save up for a better amp or just a really good guitar!
ok but will going from a cube 15 to a cube 60 really make that much of a difference?
Quote by 3nemy
ok but will going from a cube 15 to a cube 60 really make that much of a difference?

Yup
Celtic FootballClub1888
get a new guitar doesnt matter if u get new pickups it also comes down to the wood so if u start modding it at the end its still gonna be made of shitty wood. Also after new guitar get a new amp cause an aamzing guitar sounds shit through a shit amp
well ya it will! The active emg doesnt seem to make a difference to the Solid State amps atall like.. so its pretty pointless other than looking good!
ok thanks.... i'll stick to the pacifica now though my mum wont be happy as i haven't even had it 3 months lol