This is mainly for a school project for Business, although at this you may be thinking this would probably go in guitar & gear customizing, I think this would be more appropriate

So I have established that custom shaped guitar cabinets would work based off the other thread(it's viable as an idea) I am now wondering if there would be any interest from guitarists in general(even if you aren't interested do you think others would be) In them(custom guitar cabinets[Custom shapes or normal]). If there would be I'd go ahead and base the project around that since that would make it viable money wise as well(Can't submit a project that would make no money)

I'm also wondering if anyone knows of any similar companies around that I could find statistics from.

I'm just going to state as well that this is not advertising, It is purely for a fake company/business plan(obviously if there was insane amounts of interest I might look into it down the road). I know people don't like advertising threads in the normal sections and so I just wanted to make that clear. If you feel that this belongs somewhere else let me know.

Any opinions or information on the matter of other companies would be appreciated and I hope I posted this in the right section.
If you can make a quality yet cheap cabinet, you could satisfy the clearly visible huge demand for this kind of product (based on how many people I see asking about making their own cabs to escape from the inflated cabs you buy off of internet sites/retail shops.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
I would consider getting a custom cab. Sounds like a great idea. If I were to buy one, I would want a dual which are turned out somewhat (side by side). That would be freakin awsome!!
if you can make it so kids like me (17 year olds in good bands who need good cabs and cant afford Mesas) youre gonna make a killing
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Ok, on that note one thing i forgot to add to the first post was, what prices would you consider buying one for?

For the projet I was going to estimate around 350 - 400usd for a normal 4x12 with something like eminence patriot/red coat 10's 12's or Celestion V12-60's range, obviously with cheaper speakers like jensen mod12-50's the price could be much lower, like 280-300ish, but you're going to want decent speakers. Custom would probably be like 450+ depending on speaker and design choices. I'll look more into speakers though.

Obviously since this is mainly just for a fake business plan I'm not all too worried about perfecting price, I'm mainly interested in finding out what the Interest would be and at what price just to make it as accurate as possible.
Quote by hisse
Ok, on that note one thing i forgot to add to the first post was, what prices would you consider buying one for?

For the projet I was going to estimate around 350 - 400usd for a normal 4x12 with something like eminence patriot/red coat 10's 12's or Celestion V12-60's range, obviously with cheaper speakers like jensen mod12-50's the price could be much lower, like 280-300ish, but you're going to want decent speakers. Custom would probably be like 450+ depending on speaker and design choices. I'll look more into speakers though.

Obviously since this is mainly just for a fake business plan I'm not all too worried about perfecting price, I'm mainly interested in finding out what the Interest would be and at what price just to make it as accurate as possible.

You're practically at the price for a Crate 4x12 with Celestion speakers.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar/navigation/crate-amplifiers-speakers-footswitches-4-x-12-amp-cabinets?N=100001+306278+201228&page=1

so what would your company have to offer over them? A better warranty? Hand wired? or lower prices?

You'd have to have something over them. Other wise people are going to go with a name they know and trust. So definately size up your competition and see what your going against:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar/navigation/4-x-12-amp-cabinets?N=100001+306278&page=1

Also I really hope your not planning on making your cabs out of plywood, because then you'd really be below the competition. Solid wood, or dirt cheep prices.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Ok I will take that advice into consideration, but if I were to use cheap speakers like the ones used in most of the cheaper cabs, it would obviously be cheaper, But it's still cheaper than that cab, using equivalent speakers(if i'm not mistaken). Also the main Idea was completely custom cabs, like custom shapes, sizes etc...

I'm not extremely knowledgeable on the subject personally, So i must ask what exactly you mean by hand wired, I take it, it's assumed that it's wired by hand so what are you referring to by hand wiring. Also it's including finishing in variable colors etc...

I'm looking at speaker options aswell, that was an estimate, If I can find somewhere cheaper than $70 a speaker then IT could be lowered.

since this is for a school project though, and I'm from canada it'd be based on canadian prices, in which case it becomes very easy to beat since up here that Crate 4x12 is more like 600+tax.

I'm glad that I have gotten some response though, and thank you for the opinions, I guess the best way to ask would be what price would you consider acceptable for a normal 4x12 and seccondly would 500+ be acceptable for a custom shaped speaker cabinet, the choice here would be ply wood in most cases.
I didn't know your prices were Canadian.

For the cheep speakers plywood would suffice however IMO solid wood would be best.

Hand wired is point to point wiring, but now that I think about it it's not really an issue in cabs, like it is in heads. However regardless of the speaker quality you should use good wiring, because you wouldn't want a simple wire at an improper gauge to be the weakest link in a guitar player's tone.

As far as shape goes, it sounds like a great idea, but you'd be surprised how much engineering goes into cabs, especially the more expensive Marshall/Mesa. They are designed around the speaker that they house [which is why it is not recommended to replace cabs with speakers other then those that were originally in it or that the manufacture recommends] a lot of it has to do with which sound waves are canceled and which are not [which is determined by size, shape, and open or closed nature of cab].

Basically what I'm saying is when the professionals build a cab they don't just pick a decent sized rectangle and go with it, there is a lot more to it that has to do with the particular speakers. I'm not saying one cannot achieve good results by building a cab on their own, but that the name brand cabs are highly tuned.
I'm not trying to bash your idea, I'm merely stating that building quality cabs is more difficult than one assumes and that your cab shapes should be tailored more the function than fashion.

I would also say that if you plan on building the more 'affordable' cabs that you help keep the cost down with plywood like you mentioned, but if you go with the higher quality speakers that the rest of your cab be build in such a fashion that matches the sound quality of the speaker.

I wish you the best of luck.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.