I just bought it, and it's a great guitar, only problem is that it doesn't seem to get as dirty as I like (not that my Les Paul was any dirtier). I play alot of metal, so I was thinking about putting in some EMGs to replace the stock Hamer Humbuckers, but I wasn't sure whether I should or not....can somebody please help?
Well, what kind of wood is it made of, and what's your current setup?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
here are the specs on the guitar...

Scarab
Body Type: Alder
Top: n/a
Tuners: Black
Electronics: 1-Vol, 1-Tone, 3-Way Switch
Bridge: Tune-o-matic
Inlays: Dots
Cap: n/a
Neck Joint: Set Neck
Scale Length: 24 3/4"
Neck Pickup: Hamer Humbucking
Bridge Pickup: Hamer Humbucking

I bought it completely stock brand new...

I'm currently using an Ibanez amp (Not sure of the model, i got it from a pawn shop after my first amp was stolen), and a Boss DS-1 distortion.

Sorry If I seem a bit n00bish, I've been playing for a year, and I'm new to customizing guitars...
EMGs are better suited to good quaity, tube amps. Not random, probably solid-state, amps. A nice, new amp would probably do better for you.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by OneWingedAngelN
here are the specs on the guitar...

Scarab
Body Type: Alder
Top: n/a
Tuners: Black
Electronics: 1-Vol, 1-Tone, 3-Way Switch
Bridge: Tune-o-matic
Inlays: Dots
Cap: n/a
Neck Joint: Set Neck
Scale Length: 24 3/4"
Neck Pickup: Hamer Humbucking
Bridge Pickup: Hamer Humbucking

I bought it completely stock brand new...

I'm currently using an Ibanez amp (Not sure of the model, i got it from a pawn shop after my first amp was stolen), and a Boss DS-1 distortion.

Sorry If I seem a bit n00bish, I've been playing for a year, and I'm new to customizing guitars...

I found the problem.

Buy a Proco Turbo RAT and sell that piece of crap.

A new amp would help too, but If you do get a new amp buy the pedal anyway. I have it and love it.

BTW, check your local classifieds, sometimes you can get a free amp. I got a SS peavey, 30W, which actually sounds excellent. I love peavey now.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
if you change the pickups then dont get emg's
in all honesty they dont have a clean sound and passives are better sounding, not to mention cheaper