I'm really having a problem getting the sound I want out of my 2006 Jackson RR3. I'm wondering if it's just the bridge pickup I don't like. I know they come loaded with Seymour Duncan® JB™ TB4. I was just wondering what the characteristics of this pickup is. From what I've seen on the internet they say it's pretty high treble. I play a lot of music with heavy palm mutes and it just seems like I can't get the grunt out of it.

I also have a 2006 Ibanez S 520 with a Mahogony body and Bill Lawrence XL's in it. The thing has a crushing low end palm mutes, I wasn't sure if it was because of the wood or the pickups in it. Would it be worth while to get a Bill Lawrence for the bridge because I absoultly love how they sound in my Ibanez.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I've tried adjusting the pickup height and even the poles on the bass side of the pickup and I just can't get a nice heavy sound out of it.

Thanks,

Brandon
Gear:
2006 Jackson RR3
2006 Ibanez S520EX
Peavy JSX 120W Head
Roland Cube 30
It's probably a little of both. The RR3 is made of alder which will have a brighter tone than mahogany anyway.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
I have an XL in my RR3 and it sounds amazing. I think it'd be worth a change but it probably won't sound just like your Ibanez, but you could like it better than the Ibanez.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
If you have alder you want a bassier pickup, since its sounds trebly. XL bill lawrence will sound nice in your rr3, in my opinion better than the duncans. It wont sound exactly like your ibanez, but something similar. Just dont go for EMG's or stuff like that in your situation, it will sound like poop.
Cool thanks for the advice I think I am going to order up an XL for my RR3 you can't go wrong for $50.

P.S. No way I'd put in EMG's I've had them before in other guitars and their way to sterile. They're way over hyped.

I really appreciate all the suggestions. I can finally stop fighting with my pickup.

Brandon
Gear:
2006 Jackson RR3
2006 Ibanez S520EX
Peavy JSX 120W Head
Roland Cube 30
Quote by wingedgopher
It's probably a little of both. The RR3 is made of alder which will have a brighter tone than mahogany anyway.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks I love the feel of it especially while standing and playing. I replace the LFR with an OFR and the things a tank now.
Gear:
2006 Jackson RR3
2006 Ibanez S520EX
Peavy JSX 120W Head
Roland Cube 30