any suggestions for a good eq pedal to buy?
i play mostly metal/rock/blues

my amp only has a 3 band eq, that doesn't nearly cut it.
looking to spend up to $150. i have no problems with used gear either.
MXR 10-band EQ, there's two versions, the regular one, then the Kerry King model from Slayer, which has the capability to EQ two amps, as it has two outputs. I have the Kerry King one and I am very happy with the amount of EQ'ing, it shapes my tone exacly how I want it, without it being too complicated, it's basically like a 4th channel for my JSX. I love it, check it out..
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
thanks i'll check it out. have you had any problems with excess noise? i read some reviews of that pedal and some people claim its noisy. i have a boss ns-2 i could run it with, but then it wouldn't be in my fx loop
i have the boss ge20 10 bar eq which is programmable as well as manual. great pedal.
I dont run mine through my effects loop and it works exacly how I want it to, I have it going into my ISP decimator, and there's absolutely no noise at all.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
i have a Boss GE-7 and it treats me well, but it does get a bit noisey when you boost over 50% ..i would think any EQ gets this way if Boss's does, so it's probably a common issue. if you want to push your sound to those levels (literally and figuratively), then you will need to tame the noise with a suppressor. my GE-7 and my NS-2 are definitely inseparable.

TIP --> eBay + patience = both for the price of one
Originally posted by Geetarbumb
I think your screwed ! You should quit guitar and take up the skin flute!
Last edited by lowtek at Mar 8, 2007,
buy a couple of danelectro fish n chips. they are the best thing danelectro makes in their line of pedals, and theres so much you can do with them.
thanks everyone.

lowtek- ebay & craigslist have become my best friends, saved a ton of money so far getting used gear, all which is in great condition.
Boss EQ-20: 10-band EQ, twin Boss pedal, 9 memory locations + the manual settings. They usually go anywhere from $85+, depends on how lucky you get.