Page 1 of 2
Good band. Mark showed a much more serious side with great music. And of course Barker is still busting out the awesome drum beats. Love 'em.
My stuff
Fender Telecaster Aerodyne Series
Gibson 1980 Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
1938 Gibson Lap Steel (priceless)
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
I think there may already be another thread on them but oh well. I really, really like them, I was shocked that Mark and Travis produced such a quality album, I suppose AVA really lowered my expectations though. Anyway, Little Death and Baby Come On are my two favorite songs, I can't think of one song I actually dislike and there's only a couple that are meh to me.
They are an extremly good band. Def lived up to all the interviews. Have shrugged off all the baggage of Blink. theyv done really well for themselves
Fall on your tounge, like pixie dust, just think happy thoughts.
MySpace
Fly like a dragon, ride like a Rider....
This is the project of the two that I had higher hopes for, but it's not exactly great. Real shame they got rid of the female singer. She might just have done something good for the band.

I would also tell you to search for a +44 thread, but it appears that the words are too common, so I'll let you off. Pretty sure there are other threads about them though.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
When I first listened to the album I loved every song. Mow one or two songs are still meh and it gets boring with continuous listen but still regardless, a very very good cd.
Brilliant album! I really like most of the songs! Definately kicks AVAs ass!
i think they have a very empty hollow sound but still really good besides that. nothing compared to blink 182 in my opinion
:confused
Quote by x_BlackParade_x
Have shrugged off all the baggage of Blink.

Isn't pretty much the entire album about the blink break-up?

A good CD, I'll be interested to hear the next lot of songs they come out with; where there will be less of the 'bitterness' that we hear towards the blink break-up in a lot of the songs. Only then will we know the true direction +44 are going to pursue.
I can't stand their voice. He doesn't seem to emotional or anything. Just... deadpan.
i sawthem live back in december. they were damn good! definately one of my favorite bands! i love the vocal harmonies on "make you smile" and the lyrics on lycanthrope are amazing!
Call me Michael...

Mixing
Need something mixed? Send me a PM with the details! Cheap rates, fast turnaround, satisfaction guaranteed!

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
One of my favorite bands....I love the bass in Lycanthrope

EDIT: I think the girl (forgot name) left herself, so she wasn't really kicked out or anything
Quote by JDD331
A juggalo? Pokedex that ****.....what are they? like clowns...wannabes?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
Last edited by zero_123 at Mar 9, 2007,
very good band.
i was/am a huge blink fan
& ava was good for about a week.
until I saw them live, & i realised they were playing with a bleedin tape in the background.
real bland.
(+44) are awesome. mark & travis have done well..
travis' beats are superb as per [we wouldn't expect anything less from him]
shame that Carol pulled out..I think that would have added quite an interesting dimention to the band...but it makes "Make You Smile" all that more unique x
Fender American Deluxe Telecaster
Marshall JCM800
Boss Tu-2, Os-2, DD-3
does anyone think they could tab out lycanthrope for one guitar? i'd very much like o cover it. in guitar pro format would be nice, just the guitar, but regular tab is fine too.
Call me Michael...

Mixing
Need something mixed? Send me a PM with the details! Cheap rates, fast turnaround, satisfaction guaranteed!

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
Quote by andrewbiles
This is the project of the two that I had higher hopes for, but it's not exactly great. Real shame they got rid of the female singer. She might just have done something good for the band.

Werrrrd. When they lost her they pretty much lost the only thing that would make them interesting/not boring.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

^ It really is a shame. Mark Hoppus (in my opinion) was the more interesting section of Blink, and I think if he also found a different drummer for +44 it could've been a lot better. However, it is understandable that Travis and Mark stuck together.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Yeah he does have a pretty nice voice, and coupled with that female singer (don't know her name), it sounded real good, it's a bit of a shame really.

And yeah, Travis was fairly average, didn't really bring much to the table.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

^Travis isn't anything extraordinary but he and Mark are a good team in my opinion. Plus if I remember from meet the barkers I'm pretty sure Mark was Travis' best man.

Anyways, Mark said after this upcoming tour they're gonna finish off some writing they've been doing and then go back into the studio again I believe. They sure have their priorities set straight.
Great comeback from the 2 guys in my oppinion, I'd love to see them live (come back to England ) After buying the Angels and Airwaves album (now regretted lol) I thought the Blink sound was a gonna, but after hearing some of the tracks on "When your heart stops beating" I realised the music is still there, only it's more grown up.
I'm going to see them in Charlotte on the Honda Civic Tour. It still bothers me that Mark and Travis are opening for Fall Out Boy. I personally can't stand FOB at all. +44 deserve so much better. WYHSB is probably where Blink-182 would have gone if they stayed together...soundwise.
Quote by the_astronaut
Yeah he does have a pretty nice voice, and coupled with that female singer (don't know her name), it sounded real good, it's a bit of a shame really.

And yeah, Travis was fairly average, didn't really bring much to the table.
I think Travis was above average as far as technical ability, but he generally just seems to have a really casual approach to music. As if he only does it because its something he's good at.
^I get that impression as well, he doesn't really use what he can do to full potential either, but I guess it wouldn't really suit the music.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

Hm... they're not bad really, but I found most of their stuff have a lot of similar feels to Blink. They've matured a little, but it's still.. Blinkish. I dunno. I'll need to check out a few more tracks. Still not bad per se, I'm just not excited by them yet.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
I have mixed thoughts on Plus 44.

Just the fact that Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker are in the band make me frown upon the album because I feel Mark and Travis are capable of doing so much better and I believe this album is far from the style they are use to. I had the same opinion of Blink 182's self titled album. For the self titled album I thought it was a very good album for any band but the fact blink 182 were the ones writing/recording the album it made me frown because it seemed they were forcing growth as a band. None the less I enjoyed the self-titled album as music but not as blink 182's music.

I have that same feeling for Plus 44. I enjoy the album greatly (with the exception of a few choice songs) and I think its really great but it doesnt measure up to them.

I have the same opinion of Angles and Airwaves. It's good music. I enjoy it. but the fact tom is in it and realizing that it makes me disapointed.

So as long as im judging the album WITHOUT remembering who's in the band then I have to say Plus 44 is a great band. No it isn't, make you smile, and baby come on are without a doubt my top 3 favorite songs off of the album. The songs are catchy and stick in your head for days.

Now if history repeats itself dont count on there being a follow up album. Tom and Travis did it with BCR and I believe there is a good chance (i could be wrong but think i have an 85% chance of being right) that Angles and Airwaves & Plus 44 will be no more after the tours are all finished. which is a good thing...know why? that means that possibly we could see blink 182 get back together.

I personally think they will call a truce and work everything out because its apparent that all parties dont like whats happened and want to get back together. Remember they arent just former bandmates...they were friends of many years. Somewhere down the road someone will swallow their pride and things will get resolved. Mark and Tom have been friends since they were 16/17 years old. They are what? 30-31 now? all those years together as friends...they'll fix it.

Hopefully (now this one is a stretch) they'll return to what they were great at...that is everything before TOYPAJ. I doubt it would happen but it would be really nice to see/hear.

so thats my take. thanks for reading.
Quote by fpaganini
I have mixed thoughts on Plus 44.

Just the fact that Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker are in the band make me frown upon the album because I feel Mark and Travis are capable of doing so much better and I believe this album is far from the style they are use to. I had the same opinion of Blink 182's self titled album. For the self titled album I thought it was a very good album for any band but the fact blink 182 were the ones writing/recording the album it made me frown because it seemed they were forcing growth as a band. None the less I enjoyed the self-titled album as music but not as blink 182's music.

I have that same feeling for Plus 44. I enjoy the album greatly (with the exception of a few choice songs) and I think its really great but it doesnt measure up to them.

I have the same opinion of Angles and Airwaves. It's good music. I enjoy it. but the fact tom is in it and realizing that it makes me disapointed.

So as long as im judging the album WITHOUT remembering who's in the band then I have to say Plus 44 is a great band. No it isn't, make you smile, and baby come on are without a doubt my top 3 favorite songs off of the album. The songs are catchy and stick in your head for days.

Now if history repeats itself dont count on there being a follow up album. Tom and Travis did it with BCR and I believe there is a good chance (i could be wrong but think i have an 85% chance of being right) that Angles and Airwaves & Plus 44 will be no more after the tours are all finished. which is a good thing...know why? that means that possibly we could see blink 182 get back together.

I personally think they will call a truce and work everything out because its apparent that all parties dont like whats happened and want to get back together. Remember they arent just former bandmates...they were friends of many years. Somewhere down the road someone will swallow their pride and things will get resolved. Mark and Tom have been friends since they were 16/17 years old. They are what? 30-31 now? all those years together as friends...they'll fix it.

Hopefully (now this one is a stretch) they'll return to what they were great at...that is everything before TOYPAJ. I doubt it would happen but it would be really nice to see/hear.

so thats my take. thanks for reading.

You said it all.
Quote by punkrox101
You said it all.

lol thanks.

i knew someone else had to have the same opinion i do on this topic.
Quote by andrewbiles
^ It really is a shame. Mark Hoppus (in my opinion) was the more interesting section of Blink, and I think if he also found a different drummer for +44 it could've been a lot better. However, it is understandable that Travis and Mark stuck together.

Mark and Travis decided that they wanted to keep making music together once they found out that Tom had quit Blink 182, so finding a different drummer for +44 is a moot point.

I really like the album, in my opinion it's perfect. Not niave but not pretentious, a nice album of good songs. You can't escape the fact that it is 2/3rd's Blink 182, but then Rancid was a good fraction of Operation Ivy.

Since Mark wrote most of the Blink 182 songs, I have no doubt that the next offerings will be good. I do wonder what the next Blink 182 album would have been like, both Angels and Airwaves and +44 cited material that was planned for it.

That said, +44 just seems music for passion where I get the feeling Angels and Airwaves was more a statement of "look what I am now" rather than music for the passion of making music
Quote by weezergeek182
too many stabs at tom in the album.

What other ones are there apart from No It Isn't?
Quote by anewhope
Mark and Travis decided that they wanted to keep making music together once they found out that Tom had quit Blink 182, so finding a different drummer for +44 is a moot point.

I realise that, but it doesn't change the point. Playing with a different drummer could've sparked off his inventiveness a bit more.

RateYourMusic
Quote by andrewbiles
I realise that, but it doesn't change the point. Playing with a different drummer could've sparked off his inventiveness a bit more.

Maybe the band are happy with what they have made, you wouldn't expect anything too revolutionary and I wouldn't expect them to stray too far from the formula
Page 1 of 2