Okay, I know that this sort of thread has been done but I don't think there has been any recently.

Well, I need some good songs. I know that Gorillaz is a favorite but most of their stuff is too easy. So far the best song I could think of is the intro to Like the Angels by Rise Against but I need more songs to work on. I like punk, rock, and metal (any type). I still can't play slap so please no Flea unless theres no slapping and popping (which is almost always the case).

So what are some good songs?
Rhythm Harmony Melody
i dont know some RHCP like:

Californication, or Snow(hey oh) ..... its pretty easy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trivum 4 Life
Money, one of the first songs I learned.
IF YOU CANT BEAT UM, JOIN UM....and THEN WHEN THEY ARE ALL COZZY, BEAT THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF THEM AND TELL EVERYONE YOU DID IT RESPECTFULLY
Black night by deep purple, paranoid by black sabbath, magnificent seven by the clash
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
blood to bleed by rise against
Quote by Oligarchy
SGRocker0791 and Raijin.xiii are ass holes in case anyone was wondering.

Quote by jimmyjimjim
try not to be such a dick

Quote by jdotp
thanks to the ignorant prick
Tonnes of muse stuff, quite challenging for beginner/intermediate but that's a good thing in my eyes. Try Plug In Baby or Hysteria if you're good enough. Starlight or sunburn or something if you're not...
Quote by haz_uk
anything by feeder

I love them but their bass lines tend to be a bit boring. Try some led zeppelin too, most of their songs have awesome bass lines
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Peaches and Regalia by Frank Zappa. Easy to finger, but hard as hell to play up to speed. It has some really fun syncopation as well.
Quote by Raijin.xiii
blood to bleed by rise against

On Blood to Bleed, how do I play both of the strings at once? Do I just pluck them with separate figures or what?
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Godzilla by blue oyster colt
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
what's my age again, it has the most simple but fun bass line. polly by nirvana has a short bass solo which is pretty cool.
when im with you, there's nothing I wouldn't do, i just wanna be you're only one. im gasping out of straws, taken aback by what i saw that night before when we were all alone...
Interpol and The Strokes have a lot of good stuff. Fun to play.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
Thanks Guys

If anyone has some more it would be a lot of help

Right now I am concentrating on Blood to Bleed and My Friend of Misery.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Green Day - Longview
Green Day - Warning

I like those two basslines...

Jack Johnson - Upside Down has a quite soft and nice bassline aswell, even though it's not very metal. :P
OLP MM2 > ODB-3 > TU-2 > Hartke HA3500 > Hartke 410TP > NoName 115
interstate love song
plush - STP

havana affair- RHCP

EDIT: Wait I was thinking of Lost Wthout You - John Petrucci, I like the bass in that song, and plus it has a little solo as well.
Last edited by Zar Mulix at Mar 8, 2007,
Everything by Pixies have dead easy bass lines that are dead catchy too.