I don't mind stuff like this, but in my opinion it was.... okay?
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
I prefer Marooned by Gilmour. Or the solo from Lady Picture show by STP. But damn, Floods is a good song.
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
Lol at the meh and ok. This was unique. I completely forgot about this solo. Kickass example of pinch harmonics, and they're in the context of an outro solo. What better way to end a song? Comparing Petrucci with Dimebag is kind of retarded. Petrucci is a whole new ball park and his style is quite different.
I've found Jesus
One of my favorite metal songs of all time. When the ending clean part came on after the solo, I had to check my Ipod to make sure it was still Pantera. Few songs I have listened to come close to the beauty of the last couple minutes of Floods.
Fuckin' Beautiful.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by HopePoisoned
meh

yeah it was good, but didn't really do anything for me.
Read my post. Not this.
somehow i knew it would be floods. the outro solo is the best though.

EDIT: listen to what phil says right before the solo starts...t3h lawl
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
Quote by Dyer's Eve
Fuckin' Beautiful.

lol @ the caption near the end.
Our skin worn thin
Our bones exposed
Life reduced to ticks
It needs to be heard in the context of the songs but yeah it is a damn good solo.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by Chimpy101
Poor old Rex... Hardly any need for him them, he's turned down so far

thats very false. i think people just dont pay attention cuz i mean he is playing under dimebag darrell. i honestly think hes a great bassis, the clean parts in This Love and parts in Domination really show it, he goes with the music and adds a ****load more dimension to a guitarist that knew no theory. lets not sell him short
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
Quote by Guitarislife125
Needs more diminished, sweep arpeggios.

If that is supposed to be funny, well...it's not.
I've found Jesus
^The inspiration for that solo was infact Rex's Bassline.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Yeah, it's probably one of my favorite solos of all time. The rest of the song sucks, though (as do most other Pantera songs).
It is a pretty kick ass solo, but I really like the solo in Hard Lines Sunken Cheeks better. I don't know why, but I've always really enjoyed it.
Quote by Contraband
Comparing Petrucci with Dimebag is kind of retarded. Petrucci is a whole new ball park and his style is quite different.

i didnt compare them, i just said "i prefer".... ........ ...... thats no comparison.

Quote by metal Lover
that was amazingly boring

lol... its fine that you think that. glad im not associated with you.

Quote by One Way Ticket
Eargasm

lawl
Metal Video thread.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything