Hey guys, I have been playing for about a year and a half, but i'm not getting any faster. I play mostly AC/DC, and i can play all of quite a bit of their songs except for the solos. Does anyone know how I can improve my speed????

Dont me but.... practice. Learn alternate picking. Do the chromatic scale all up and down the fret over and over. Then you get fast-ish.
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
Ok , Does anyone know a link to a site where i can find these scales without spending forever looking for them on google.
i can probably play what you can and right now im trying to increase my speed and ill spend around 4 hours a day runnign through scales, doing chromatics, stretches and jamming along to fast paced jam tracks every day. Ive been doing this for a month or two and ive noticed a speed increase.
I will shred in the end!!
Quote by guitarist_TN
Ok , Does anyone know a link to a site where i can find these scales without spending forever looking for them on google.
Okay, I'll show you, but don't tell ANYONE!
Ultra Secret Awesome Guitar Scale Website!

Just do a search in the forums, lessons, and columns. Literally almost every scale imaginable has been documented here if you look a little.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
You should definitely use a metronome. Pick something you want to learn and start out as slow as you can play it w/o messing up, then when you feel like you have it, turn it up one or 2 notches. It takes FOREVER, but it works. I learned Flight of the Bumblebee like that, and it took 3 hours to even get it near speed.
also to help your finger strength take and folder a small piece of paper over and over again until it resembles something like a flat cigarette and shove in under your strings around the 1 through 3 frets or so,,,,,that way when you practice you'll have to push harder and the more string resistance will lead to faster progress in terms of finger strength and in turn dexterity
Quote by guitarist_TN
Hey guys, I have been playing for about a year and a half, but i'm not getting any faster. I play mostly AC/DC, and i can play all of quite a bit of their songs except for the solos. Does anyone know how I can improve my speed????

Practice the major scales and the pentatonic scales over and over, with your eyes closed, etc...