i am looking to buy a new amp aroud 50 to 100 watts. i would like for it to have some built in effects like chorus, delay, etc. my price range is aorund anywhere up about 350 dollars. one i was thinking about getting was the Line 6 Spider III but im not sure. Thank u for the help.
Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by lobster624
"are you an angel because i have an erection."
OR

Peavey Studio Pro

same, amp smaller wattage
Quote by lobster624
"are you an angel because i have an erection."
I played on a Spider in a guitar shop a few months ago, and my impression is that while the effects and other pleasantries it gives you are awesome, the speaker is crap. Maybe if you can (I'm not sure if you can >.>, you could just get the Spider preamp and play through a different amp.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Stay away from anything Spider.

Check out the Roland Cube series or the Vox Valvetronix series.
thank u guys very much. if any one has any other suggestions id love to hear them.
Ok I would say this comes down to Vox ot spider III. Personally I dont think cubes are all they are cracked up to be. Spider II was possibly the worst thing I have ever heard.....but spider III on the other hand is a good little amp. Not doubt about it...unless your giging of course. Loud solid state = Bad tone.

The Vox is also a good little amp...I didnt really play with the effects though. So go play them...then make your decision.

Like I said...I dont think cube is anything special.
Vox, all over better sounding than either of the others mentioned IMO!!

Play it, do not buy blind. But I recomnd the Vox, not bad for a SS modeling amp (hybrid w/e Flame me if you want its SS amp..)
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
thanks. im not looking for anything too fancy or expensive. im not gonna be playing any gigs. i just want something thats lud enough to play with my brother who plays drums and has effects so i dont need to really buy a distortion box for now. later when i join a band i plan on getting a half stack and some sistortion boxes.
The Line 6 Spider III has a decent sound to it for a practice amp at home, but for gigging or band practices, I'm not completely crazy about it. I've heard the Roland Cube 60's are much better all round. Check 'em out.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride