I see so many other combo amps that are about 500 dollars cheaper. Like a marshall jcm2000 combo or a vox ac30 2x12. are you just paying for the name?
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p
^Marshall = the single biggest name in amplifiers (don't argue). shouldn't you be paying for the name with them?
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Obviously people wouldn't pay that extra money if they didn't prefer the tone. I suppose it's the tone then.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
^ ah yeah extracted from the most prime oranges in malaysia.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
orange is built like a tank,

their cabinets and housing are made with some expensive stuff,

i think they use 8 ply birth in their contruction, and the chasis for the amp is like bullet proof or something.............i dont know for sure, but i do know that they dont cheap out on the materials they use to build the thing. I would say that ups the price quite a bit.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Plus, they're amazing amps.

They're more expensive in America though, because of imports and stuff.
Sent from my iPad.
oh crap, when i said 8 ply birtch wood, i lied, its 18 ply birch, !!!!
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
because they're much better quality than modern marshalls. And stop me if I'm wrong but a Vox AC30 2x12 is about the same price as a Rocker 30 combo. You may be thinking of the Vox AC15 1x12 combo which is around the $600 USD range.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Quote by soccerdude3465
Obviously people wouldn't pay that extra money if they didn't prefer the tone. I suppose it's the tone then.

Or maybe someone online told them they're awsome, they later saw the price tag and must agree that for that price they MUST be awsome.
i fell in love with them in my local store. trust me, they're worth every penny. and besides, an orange amp looks amazing onstage.

and they extract the dye from the buttocks of rhesus monkeys, not oranges. do your research.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Orange.

Sucks.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
Quote by tubab0y
i fell in love with them in my local store. trust me, they're worth every penny. and besides, an orange amp looks amazing onstage.

and they extract the dye from the buttocks of rhesus monkeys, not oranges. do your research.

I totally agree, do your research. They're great amps.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by rockxwl
because they're much better quality than modern marshalls. And stop me if I'm wrong but a Vox AC30 2x12 is about the same price as a Rocker 30 combo. You may be thinking of the Vox AC15 1x12 combo which is around the $600 USD range.

well here in canada. The vox ac30 2x12 costs 1075, and teh orange rocker 30 combo costs 1500
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p
Actually, I'm pretty sure the Orange was from the original maker's teeth. He saw some vinyl lying around with which to cover his new amps, but he didn't like the color. He thusly looked in the mirror and noticed he hadn't brushed his teeth in a decade or three, and scraped all the orange crap off of them. And thus was born a legend. And Parry Person totally just insulted Orange without Jinskee caring. What?
Quote by cokeisbetter
Actually, I'm pretty sure the Orange was from the original maker's teeth. He saw some vinyl lying around with which to cover his new amps, but he didn't like the color. He thusly looked in the mirror and noticed he hadn't brushed his teeth in a decade or three, and scraped all the orange crap off of them. And thus was born a legend. And Parry Person totally just insulted Orange without Jinskee caring. What?

Wait. What?

I'm sorry, but I totally filtered out "ORANGE" and "SUCK" if they're put in the same post.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
^I had a dream about orange amps a couple of days ago thanks to your profile!! They sounded very good in my dream and I can say just from that experience that they are worth the extra $$$. I might go try one in the real world this weekend.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Last edited by LightningRider at Mar 7, 2007,