Hello again, I was wondering:
1. Does Synyster Gates use Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invader pick ups?
2. Are Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invader pick ups good for Metal (ax7, trivium)
3. I have been reading some stuff, from what i gather there are things called, pickups, necks and bridges. can someone pls tell me the difference. Reviews say i have the pick up, i want to get the neck next, what does that mean. I would be playing with a Shecter Omen 6 guitar with a Roland Cube 20x amp, would this be a good choice... thanx!
1. He uses modified ones, but Im not sure what is different between them and regular invaders.
2. Eh, their ok, but not the best. I would check out Bill Lawrence L500XL or maybe a Duncan Super Distortion
3. Not sure exactly what you are asking, but the bridge pickup is the one closest to the bridge of your guitar, and the neck pickup is the one that is closest to the neck of the guitar. The bridge one gives you a brighter, sometimes harsher sound, while the neck gives you smooth tones. If you are playing metal, you should replace the bridge pickup, and use the bridge pickup mostly.
well sounds like you are a noob to guitar, synister uses destroyers. A little to metal for me but theyre good for metal Not the best as the dude said but pretty darn good.
Oh i get it now, correct me if im wrong pls. so you can buy a bridge pickup and a neck pickup, each come seperately. if i were to just by the bridge one i would pick closer to the bridge part of the guitar to get the sound not up by the neck right?
well sounds like you are a noob to guitar, synister uses destroyers. A little to metal for me but theyre good for metal Not the best as the dude said but pretty darn good

Who's the noob here, the guy who asked a perfectly reasonable question (albeit one that gets asked every couple of days), or the guy who talks about imaginary pickups?

The Gates sig model comes with Invaders, yes he uses them, yes their shit. Duncan Distortion or the aforementioned L500 XL are much better, look at the DImarzio D-Sonic too. Your guitar has a pickup selector on it, that's what determines which pickup your using - it doesn't depend on where you pick. You WILL get a different sound picking near the bridge becasue there's less string tension. Just to double check because your posts are a little confusing...you do realise your guitar already has pickups? If you're just starting you really don't need to worry about replacing pickups, it's just a waste of money.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by '
AG[ Scott']Oh i get it now, correct me if im wrong pls. so you can buy a bridge pickup and a neck pickup, each come seperately. if i were to just by the bridge one i would pick closer to the bridge part of the guitar to get the sound not up by the neck right?

There's a toggle switch that switches what pickup is being used.

I think you'd probably just want to change your bridge pickup for metal and then keep the neck pickup for cleans and other genres.

Side note: Picking closer to the bridge will give you a brighter sound than picking closer to the neck.

KaPow!
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by steven seagull
Who's the noob here, the guy who asked a perfectly reasonable question (albeit one that gets asked every couple of days), or the guy who talks about imaginary pickups?

The Gates sig model comes with Invaders, yes he uses them, yes their shit. Duncan Distortion or the aforementioned L500 XL are much better, look at the DImarzio D-Sonic too. Your guitar has a pickup selector on it, that's what determines which pickup your using - it doesn't depend on where you pick. You WILL get a different sound picking near the bridge becasue there's less string tension. Just to double check because your posts are a little confusing...you do realise your guitar already has pickups? If you're just starting you really don't need to worry about replacing pickups, it's just a waste of money.

There's nothing wrong with the Invader, actually.

Mr. Gates uses stock Invader pickups, as does just about anyone else who uses the pickup, unless they have them custom wound (and companies like duncan don't generally custom wind for anyone) therefore they'd have to be a custom pickup.

As far as pickups and guitars work.

There are several kinds of pickups and you can put them in different places.

There are generally 3 positions for pickups. The bridge, the middle, and the neck. Obviously, the bridge is the furthest away from the neck, the middle goes between the two and the neck is the one right next to where the neck of your guitar meets the body.

Not all guitars have middle pickups, some don't have neck pickups, and some don't even have bridge pickups! It all depends on your guitar's configuration.

Not all pickups are the same, either. Some are 'single coil' and some are 'humbuckers' which have two coils in one(and they're wired together in a way that reduces the noise that single coils produce).
also, to add to the good info posted by steve, toast, facingusall and genocide, some pickups (such as the invader) come in bridge and neck versions (also known sometimes as "caibrated"), this means that they're, in effect, different pickups with different winds and outputs- you want to make sure you put the neck version in the neck position and the bridge version in the bridge position.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You don't need new pickups. Learn to play before you do something like that. Pickups will tweek your tone, but they aren't something thats gonna make you better.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
^ what do you mean?

assuming I haven't misunderstood, "yes".
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Skip the Duncans and get a Bill Lawrence L500XL for your bridge.