Does anyone else here hate this "new" form of moshing? Where they all get in a circle and do these gay ass kicks and just beat the hell out of each other. I like the older mosh when you just kinda jumped around and slammed off one another. Now its just antohe excuse to beat someone up.
I stand up front and head bang the whole entire set
The "new" one has a name, and it's called a "circle pit". Personally, I don't get circle pits, if I wanted to run into a circle and have people shove into me while I'm running, I'd run around and through the people smoking outside.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
I agree, the "circle pit" seems so fake. It's like "Ok guys, lets calm down and form a circle so we can look nuts trying to beat on eachother.."
i like jumping in everyone once and a while with a spin kick to set 'em straight, then fart on their faces halo style
I concur Old style is better just jumping around not intensionally hurting anyone and there is that whole code of honour in the Old Pits where you help a lad you don't even know up, out of respect, rather than kicking him because he is down.
Yeah I can't stand it either. Around here we call it hate moshing, and pretty much anyone that tries to do it at a local concert loses all respect and ends up starting an actual fight. It's stupid that a lot of kids don't come to local concerts anymore, simply because they don't want to get punched in the face when they are trying to enjoy the music.
yea... i dont really get hardcore dancing either.. i mean just mosh dude.. like stop dancing and mosh lol
IF YOU WANT PEACE PREPARE FOR WAR!!

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
I don't even get 'traditional' moshing. I love death metal, black metal, prog metal, doom metal, and folk metal but I just don't see the fun in running around jumping into people.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by walkinbazooka
I don't even get 'traditional' moshing. I love death metal, black metal, prog metal, doom metal, and folk metal but I just don't see the fun in running around jumping into people.
It's not for everyone, I guess.

But hey, I dig it.
ANDRE THE GIANT HAS A POSSE

Peace (sells)
Quote by highway62
Does anyone else here hate this "new" form of moshing? Where they all get in a circle and do these gay ass kicks and just beat the hell out of each other. I like the older mosh when you just kinda jumped around and slammed off one another. Now its just antohe excuse to beat someone up.

You mean "hardcore dancing" I hate it.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Here's how I see it.

There is no such thing as open-fist moshing.
Push-moshing is an oxymoron.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
the best part of the circle pits is running in the opposite direction as everyone else
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
If you're talking about hardcore dancing, then that's stupid and looks retarded.

A circle pit however is nothing more than a mosh pit going around in a circle. Circle pits are fun during some songs such as the breakdown in Redneck, but most circle pits don't form unless the band calls for one.
Quote by Will_Minus
The "new" one has a name, and it's called a "circle pit". Personally, I don't get circle pits, if I wanted to run into a circle and have people shove into me while I'm running, I'd run around and through the people smoking outside.

Circle pits have been around way before moshing/slamdancing. What he's talking about is hardcore dancing.

Hardcore dancing sucks, but circle/skank pits are the best and slamdancing is fun too. No one really gets hurt with those, but once the jackasses start really getting violent that's when it sucks.
i love classic moshing to metal and stuff but i listen to ska 2 so i love to skank aswell.
bass - That thing that goes bum bum bum.
yea hardcore dancing is dumb... scene kids do it

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
If you don't like it don't do it. Christ, just 'cause you don't like something, doesn't mean everyone will agree or that you're right.
Quote by Embodiment
If you don't like it don't do it. Christ, just 'cause you don't like something, doesn't mean everyone will agree or that you're right.

I didnt say every had to agree with me, i was just asking who did.
I agree that hardcore dancing looks idiotic, but I must say, it can be alot of fun when done proper and at the right times. It pisses me off when the whole show is just people hardcore dancing
Quote by highway62
I didnt say every had to agree with me, i was just asking who did.

Why does it matter? Don't like it, don't do it. I hate the pointless hatred of random things, and the messages of sheer intelligence like: 'zomg scene*****s do that wtf!' that spawn from this.
what is skank and how do you do it. I should know this because I own the Circle Jerk's Group Sex.
yea... but the old days of moshing were still much better... people shoudlnt change it

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

Quote by New Times
If you're talking about hardcore dancing, then that's stupid and looks retarded.

A circle pit however is nothing more than a mosh pit going around in a circle. Circle pits are fun during some songs such as the breakdown in Redneck, but most circle pits don't form unless the band calls for one.

On the contrary, circle pits form just as much as regular mosh pits where I live. I've never actually been into the main pit, I usually either (a stand to the side a bit and mosh with a few friends or (b stand at the front and headbang.
Quote by metal Lover
what is skank and how do you do it. I should know this because I own the Circle Jerk's Group Sex.

It's a dance type of thing done to ska beats, where you swing your arms, kick your legs, and trash around. It's quite fun.
damn kids and there hardcore dancing..its ridiculous traditional moshes are the only way
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
Screw emo jokes, what has 6 arms, 6 legs, and 2 heads?

Nirvana.

Member Of The 'Proud Owner Of An Ibanez' Club

www.myspace.com/woody_851
i like slam dancing, skanking, and real circle pits, the one where you run around in a circle.

in my town theres a group who put of posters that say "real circle pits go in a circle! sdee digram a" and it has a picture of people running around in a circle. cause thats what it is. The "new" from of hardcore dancing isnt exactly "new" though, just the crappy posuers think they can do it, and they suck at it.

moshing is like reall different from slam dancing and hardcore dancing o.o moshing is for metal, and slam is for hardcore.
I happen to enjoy dancing at actual hardcore shows. I'm not about to show up at a metal show and try to start dancing though, thats just dumb. I didn't know you were refering to hardcore dancing though, to the threadstarter. I don't know about everywhere else, but people here don't try to hit or hurt anyone when dancing, it's really quite the opposite. I can't stand the retards that go around hitting people though, that can ruin a show.

We do have traditional mosh pits, just running into each other and what-not. That can be good fun.
Quote by deathmetalboy
yea... but the old days of moshing were still much better... people shoudlnt change it

No one said you had to do anything different. At most concerts there are the dancers and the moshers, and for the most part they, well at least they should, stay seperate during the concert. Besides, most people dance at hardcore shows, not metal shows.

^ Sorry I missed a couple of posts before I posted mine. I pretty much agree with everything you said, original=punk. And 2-stepping is indeed the shit
Well I listen to ska so I think we all should just dance. I don't want to get hurt, I just want to skank.
Hardcore dancing, if thats what you're talking about, is very different where I am, at least it seems that way. I see a lot of videos with assholes and morons not watching where they're going, but around here, people are very polite, it's probably the whole Straightedge thing.
But if you're in the pit and dickin around, pickin up change, 2-stepping, doing pile-ons, chainsaws, froggers, whatever the hell you're doing, if you fall or get hurt they'll pick you up or see if you're alright. It's all about having a good time here.
(Most hardcore dancers I know already realize what they're doing is pretty dumb, but it's fun.)
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
seriously.....i said it earlier....ill say it again. standing in one place and headbanging with your whole body is the best.....hands on knees...or behind body, headbang with waist
haha

the best part about moshing is when not alot of people are in it and you can make a complete ass of yourself infront of people...

last weekend...me and my frineds had a chicken fiight in the middle of a hardcore breakdown...

it was fun, not gonna lie...
crit my rhymes?:

Lets Get Drunk and Fuck.

Subtle Arrogance

Do you realize, that i can clearly see your clitoris through your jeans?

Quote by Shaepwnsyou
They're very religious, so they have butt sex to save their virginity.
what you do is when there "dancing" or whatever you just run as hard as you can and knockl one over. i did it once at x fest and then everybody started a push pit and it was sweet
Quote by L_Z_Nut
Who is this "Billy Joe Armstrong" you guys are talking about..... sounds made up to me.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
my penis is like 6 inches. i measured with a measuring tape and accidentally let it go, so i have cuts down the side.

RIP heaven's gate
the new moshing it's more painfull but less fun,

circle pits happen when there's just a few people moshing, so they have a lot of space to move
Quote by lifeskater09
No one said you had to do anything different. At most concerts there are the dancers and the moshers, and for the most part they, well at least they should, stay seperate during the concert. Besides, most people dance at hardcore shows, not metal shows.

^ Sorry I missed a couple of posts before I posted mine. I pretty much agree with everything you said, original=punk. And 2-stepping is indeed the shit

hey someone actually agrees with me! finally!