Hey Guys sorry if this has been posted but I didnt search (sorry u may close this if u found another one)

Now Ive been wondering, if there is, which is the better bass a Schecter Custom 5 or a Spector Legend Classic 5 I have played the Schecter and wondering if the Spector is any better.
I play every type of music except for like mainstream metal. My styles are ussually finger and slap but not so much pick playing.

Thanks in advance

Yours Truely

~CrazyBassist
They're both close in terms of build quality and overall value, it's really up to you to play both of them and determine which one sounds/feels better.

Personally I'd rather have the Spector, but that's just me.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Yeah, just like canadianpunk said. I'd take the Spector as well - too many Schecters around!
I'd take the Schecter, the one i tried up at the shop has the fastest neck I've ever played on.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Yeah, just like canadianpunk said. I'd take the Spector as well - too many Schecters around!

I'm waiting for Fett13 to show up all frazzled-like, now.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Quote by canadianpunk071

Yeah, I'd watch out for that.

*blows Schecterman whistle*
Schecterman's Accomplice, of the Schecter Stiletto Players Will Rule The World Club. PM Fett13 or Your41Plague12 to join.

EQ:
Schecter Stiletto Extreme 5
Yamaha RBX170
inb4Fett13

Spector FTW
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by Past-time
Yeah, I'd watch out for that.

*blows Schecterman whistle*

I just noticed the text below your screen name now
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

I own the Legend 5 and I'm thinking about buying a custom 5 pretty soon. But i love my legend 5 to death. Its got beautiful slap tone and is so versatile, and a fast neck for a 5 string. Its a wonderful bass and i love it.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
Quote by LetTheBassPlay
I own the Legend 5 and I'm thinking about buying a custom 5 pretty soon. But i love my legend 5 to death. Its got beautiful slap tone and is so versatile, and a fast neck for a 5 string. Its a wonderful bass and i love it.

Go for the gold man. Get a 5 string Rebop from the Spector Euro Series.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
I would take the schecter, but i have never played a spector so i suppose that is why
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by Masturbasser
Go for the gold man. Get a 5 string Rebop from the Spector Euro Series.

it was a christmas gift my friend, i sure as hell aint gonna whine about about my first 5'er. plus i'm gettin a Custom-5 in a couple of weeks or so.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
spectorneck-thruspectorneck-thruspectorneck-thruspectorneck-thruspectorneck-thru
spectorneck-thruspectorneck-thruspectorneck-thruspectorneck-thruspectorneck-thru

BROOKLYN ZOO!!11
Quote by LetTheBassPlay
it was a christmas gift my friend, i sure as hell aint gonna whine about about my first 5'er. plus i'm gettin a Custom-5 in a couple of weeks or so.

I wish I could get a 5'er for a gift.....
I think they're very different instruments, but both feel very well finished for the price. I think the Spectors are a bit more slappable, but there's nothing you can do on one that you can't on the other.
*appears*

I heard the whistle, who needs what now? *reads topic*

There's no way there could possibly too many Schecters. Its only on this board that there are cause I converted so many people. In general, I find very few people who play them. I can think of two bassists I've met (not even know, just met) who were considering getting a Schecter, but I've never met another Schecter playing basist.

As for which is better, I am hold Spectors on the same level I hold Warwick. In other words they are two of my most hated basses. For this whole thing, I just compared the bass closest in price to the Schecter Elite, the Spector Legend Classic.

Going from the outside in, not only are they ugly (they look like an over-inflated balloon), but their sad excuse for a black cherry finish is a disgrace to the name. Going beyond that, I don't see how it compares. To begin with, I've never even heard of EMG-SSD pickups (they aren't on the EMG website that I can find, the only passives they have are the HZ) so that doesn't bode well for those pickups. The bridge is not impressive, and I'm never a fan of a bolt-on neck. As for playability, that neck damn near rivals a p-bass, which isn't a good thing in my book. Its also a bit heavier in my experience that the Elite.

Now, I've played the Spector Legend once (and never again), and was not in any way impressed. If just felt like a heavier, harder to play, uglier, all around half-assed knock-off of the Elite. I would never own one, I find them even more overrated that Warwicks (at least those have sound behind them). If you offered me one for $5, I'd go buy myself lunch instead. I wouldn't waste my money.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
I don't think Fett13 likes Spectors.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Fett13
*appears*

There's no way there could possibly too many Schecters. Its only on this board that there are cause I converted so many people. In general, I find very few people who play them. I can think of two bassists I've met (not even know, just met) who were considering getting a Schecter, but I've never met another Schecter playing basist.

As for which is better, I am hold Spectors on the same level I hold Warwick. In other words they are two of my most hated basses. For this whole thing, I just compared the bass closest in price to the Schecter Elite, the Spector Legend Classic.

Going from the outside in, not only are they ugly (they look like an over-inflated balloon), but their sad excuse for a black cherry finish is a disgrace to the name. Going beyond that, I don't see how it compares. To begin with, I've never even heard of EMG-SSD pickups (they aren't on the EMG website that I can find, the only passives they have are the HZ) so that doesn't bode well for those pickups. The bridge is not impressive, and I'm never a fan of a bolt-on neck. As for playability, that neck damn near rivals a p-bass, which isn't a good thing in my book. Its also a bit heavier in my experience that the Elite.

Now, I've played the Spector Legend once (and never again), and was not in any way impressed. If just felt like a heavier, harder to play, uglier, all around half-assed knock-off of the Elite. I would never own one, I find them even more overrated that Warwicks (at least those have sound behind them). If you offered me one for $5, I'd go buy myself lunch instead. I wouldn't waste my money.

1. EMG-SSD pups are just EMG-HZ's wound to Spector's specifications. They're actually quite good; slightly more windings on them than most HZ's so far as I can tell, so they have a nice, aggressive tone.

2. The bridge on the Spector, and the S-Tek are both very nice bridges. The S-Tek is more adjustable and a bit more well-designed in general, but the Spector's bridge is very solid and has a ton of mass.

3. You've played -one- Legend, and made a conclusion regarding the quality of every Legend? I've played several, and all save one were very finely made (one was utter crap, I'll admit...must've been a Friday when it was built )

4. Yeah, the Legend's neck has a chunkier profile...but that's just personal preference.

5. I got nothin' now, I just keep laughing

Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Haha I knew that a post like this would anger the Schecterman

but thanks for all the inputs guys never thought it would create such a buzz.

BUT Im think about a Washburn T25 to put in the topic any feedback on the pick ups for this thing it seems to good to be true

Im gonna go see if someone carries it sometime
Quote by canadianpunk701

Quote by Fett13
*appears*

wow that dude is like psychic!

I would go with a shecter, i think they look nicer (not that i would just get a bass on looks)
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Mar 10, 2007,
i must say i agree with the first bit of what fett said, i've never actually seen ne1 who owns a shecter b4 and the only ppl ive ever seen play 1 are shun morgan and dale stuart (seether) and the guitarrist out of AAF. Ibanez on the other hand...
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
spectors are the way to go. Punch tone and versatility. I prefer the NS series as opposed to the legends

Last edited by ducman998r at Mar 11, 2007,
Quote by ducman998r
I prefer the NS series as opposed to the legends

Well, duh...

Nice collection, though
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Quote by ducman998r
spectors are the way to go. Punch tone and versatility. I prefer the NS series as opposed to the legends

I orgasmed when I saw your basses. And what is this that I hear about Schecter's being better looking?! Spectors are the sexiest, most comfortable basses on the whole damn planet.
Quote by ducman998r

Fukkin ell ur rich!!!
EH