how will electrical tape on the back of the neck affect the friction of my hand on the neck and how well my hand slides?
In a pinch, you could probably fabricate a servicable condom from electrical tape, but I would sooner use steel wool on the back of my guitar's neck than stick vinyl to it, just as I would rather use a real Trojan.
yeh it slides better, less friction id say cause like sometimes i can slide fast on neck but i seem to stutter some on sliding. but with electrical tape its all good

edit: whats steel wool?
Quote by Gorre
yeh it slides better, less friction id say cause like sometimes i can slide fast on neck but i seem to stutter some on sliding. but with electrical tape its all good

I wouldn't suggest putting electrical tape on it...
why not put electrical tape on it? it doesnt hurt the guitar... lol. i have electrical tape decorating the body, should have pics soon. but it doesnt affect tone that i can notcie.
Quote by Gorre
why not put electrical tape on it? it doesnt hurt the guitar... lol. i have electrical tape decorating the body, should have pics soon. but it doesnt affect tone that i can notcie.

It seems as though you may have an odd obsession with said electrical tape...
hmm i think thats true :Pii just wanted to make my guitar my own unique style
Quote by Gorre
hmm i think thats true :Pii just wanted to make my guitar my own unique style

umm...I don't think electrical tape is very unique...now the steel wool idea is very unique
Quote by Gorre
electrical tape is unique if you do your own design lol

So is masturbation if you use steel wool instead of a tissue...
Quote by pinkhaze29
umm...I don't think electrical tape is very unique...now the steel wool idea is very unique

Just in case anyone is wondering, you use it to knock back the gloss on the back of the neck. A satin finish has less friction. It doesn't cut like sandpaper, so you probably won't go through the finish.
what do you mean vulcan? when you remove the tape it peels some gloss of? for less friction?
He meant use steel wool on it to rough up some of the gloss.. And either that, or light sanding with really fine grit sandpaper on your neck will make it a LOT faster than electrical tape.

Your electrical tape fetish does amuse me though..
lol i got a pic up soon, i just took it with my phone if you want to see lol.
B it strange this whole electrical tape business..

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Just forget about the whole electrical tape business. That's preposterous.

phil...nice cartoon tits on the avatar.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo Head
Mesa 412 slant cab
Monster Power Pro 2500 Power Conditioner
TC Electronic G-Force
SKG Rack Case
Yamaha acoustic
Go ahead and do it. Like everyone said, it's not the best solution, but if you want to, it won't damage your guitar in any way. Knock yourself out.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.