Alright, I'm thinking of spicing up my guitar.. and I have 3 questions about it.

Frist of all, I'm thinking of painting the pickguard, but I'm not sure what paint or how to go about doing it.

And second I was thinking about either using different coloured tape or painting tape and puting it on the guitar. What would be the best way to go about doing this? And would I be able to take the tape of either months or sometime later without doing damage to the body. (Asuming it won't do damage but you never know..)

And third, can I paint my pickups? I think I've seen it done before, but how would I go about doing it safely?

Thank you very much.
Last edited by Maggot66 at Mar 7, 2007,
One. Yes, you can paint your pickguard. I used tremclad paint on my pickguard and it hasn't come off anywhere that I didn't use force to scrape along it. It's survived my pick scrapes perfectly.

Two. Tape won't hurt the body at all. Unless you take it off. Taking it off will leave a sticky residue.

Three. What kind of pickups do you have?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
One. Yes, you can paint your pickguard. I used tremclad paint on my pickguard and it hasn't come off anywhere that I didn't use force to scrape along it. It's survived my pick scrapes perfectly.

Two. Tape won't hurt the body at all. Unless you take it off. Taking it off will leave a sticky residue.

Three. What kind of pickups do you have?

Did you do anything to the pickguard first? Or did you just paint it?

And I just have single coil pickups.

http://www.peavey.com/products/browse.cfm/action/detail/item/105562/number/00489500/cat/43/Raptor%28R%29%20Plus%20EXP.cfm

Pretty much like the ones in the picture.