Ok I am looking at these 2 guitars and am torn on what one I want.

MG Series SLSMG Super Lightweight Soloist
Cost 1100
http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2910104503

Or

ESP LTD EC500
Cost 825.76
http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?P_ID=8317&strPageHistory=search&strKeywords=ESP,guitars&numPageStartPosition=61&strSearchCriteria=all&PT_ID=all

Sorry the axe site is very slow. But both of these guitars have active pickups and strings through body, which is the main feature I want in my guitar. The Jackson is a 1 peice guitar and the ESP is a bolt on.

Looking at these 2 guitars which one would you pick?

Thanks
ESP (that might just be because i am in love with my ESP and ones i have played)
Out of the two, I'd take the Jackson, no contest.

I love the EC series, but the EC-500 is nothing compared to that Soloist (IMO).
Get the Jackson. Thats something you don't even have to think about. Jackson's are a superior race of guitars. ESP's are good, but nowhere close to a Jackson.
I have a Jackson and an ESP. I love them both. You need to play the two guitars your looking at and pick the one that is the most comfortable.
I had the excat same problem. I went with the Soloist, due to the better neck, and over all feel of the guitar. the quality is amazing, its made in Japan, much better than the ltd.
Dimebag 1966-2004 RIP a true legend

Quote by RingmasterTJ
Dumbest thread ever...when shouldn't you get shit-faced drunk?

Quote by Dirk Gently

When I turn on the TV, I see nothing but black people.[/IMG]

Quote by ckellingc
I jerked off in Wyoming if that counts
12,000 feet ftw!!

Quote by gsr2k6
. Oh, Jesus hates you.
Go with the jackson. They are great guitars. That soloist will be badass. the ltd's alright but its no jackson.

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
Get the Jackson..
Its craftsmanship is uncomparably better than the LTD you are looking at.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by fladunk
I have a Jackson and an ESP. I love them both. You need to play the two guitars your looking at and pick the one that is the most comfortable.

+1,

accept im biased towards the ESP because personally i have not picked up a jackson that didnt bother me....something about the way the necks meet the body ( all of them, set necks, thru bodies, everything ) its something that doesnt make any sense and i cant explain it i just cant ''get down'' with a jackson...i also happene to love ESP, so, do it. get the ESP.
PS- but dont get the ESP before playing and thouroughly testing BOTH guitars. THEN you can buy the esp!

It depends on the body style you want. Personally, I haven't really liked Jacksons except for their USA models. For import, I would say ESP.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
LTD but thats because i hate every Jackson i ever played,all the neck's feel like crap to me,and yes i did play the high prices models...
the jackson is made better and also it has much better upper fret acess then the esp
the esp will be heavier to do to the bigger bulky body
my gear:
Schecter Damien 6 w/emg's
gibson sg standard
dean performer e acou/elec
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
dunlop crybaby from hell wah
People stop sayin ESP its not an ESP its an LTD....
If it was a ESP you would be stupid to take the Jackson..
I go to the US ESP website and it is there. well a version of it anyway. And on the website I can get it from lists it as an ESP guitar.

Am I missing something. What is the difference?
Quote by medium mike
I go to the US ESP website and it is there. well a version of it anyway. And on the website I can get it from lists it as an ESP guitar.

Am I missing something. What is the difference?

LTD's are the Epiphone of the ESP.

Therefore they're usually lower quality, and are imports.

Get the jackson, this is no contest, I've played both at Long and Mcquade, the Jackson blows the LTD out of the water. Both are good, but the jacksons just that much better.
Quote by medium mike
The Jackson is a 1 peice guitar and the ESP is a bolt on.

The term for that "1 piece" is neck thru, and that EC series is a set neck joint, not bolt on, and like the other said, thats an LTD, not ESP.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Yes.

If you DO want an ESP EC series, I'd look at the Eclipse-II series.

They're actual ESP, and very high quality, same price range as the Jackson you're looking at.
They might be the epiphone of ESP's,
but they use the same material as their ESP counterparts.
Mahogany body, mahogany neck.
They do even have EMG60 on the neck, which is great for cleans.

They even have the earvana compensated nut,which is said will give you that perfect tune.
Man I thought this picture was so funny. I saw it on the ESP board. I am not saying this is the case but just thought it was funny. The title of the thread was post your LTD pics. And the guy posted this one. Then some of his own LTD's.

I am still leaning towards the LTD guitar. I will be able to play the Jackson in question not the ESP LTD though. The other factor is the difference of 400 dollars or so.
You can get an ESP Standard Series M-I or M-II for a little over a grand I believe. If you got the money, do that. They got the M-II with the maple neck and duncans the local music place today, plays so good they had to wipe down the back when i was done
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
I prefer Jacksons, HOWEVER. If you do have $1100 to spend try the Jackson and try an actual ESP standard series. Stay away from the LTD's.

A Jackson import up against an LTD..... The Jackson would win hands down. The Jackson imports are just built much better than the LTD series of guitars are for the same price points.

Although I will say this. No matter what anyone says in here you need to play both guitars yourself and pick the one that fits you best. Once you have both in your hands and have heard them play your notes you'll know which one is the best for you.
I love ESP guitars, but that soloist would kick ass.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavey Triple XXX
back then, when i was in the market looking for a superstrat, i A/B a Jackson SL2H(with EMG 81/81) and ESP M-II Urban Camo, and the M-II sounded much thicker and fuller. The specs were pretty much the same, but thats why i bought the m-II instead. Maybe that particular SL2H i tried was a lemon, maybe its supposed to sound like that, i dunno.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers