What do you guys think of the faded flying V? It's basically the same as the non-faded version, just a different paintjob or finish or something, and $400 cheaper. So what's up?
Attachments:
swell-full.mid
Last edited by RPGoof at Feb 16, 2012,
Some say they are quite shoddily made. That accounts for the price difference. Faded = Basic. It is't gonna sound like the real thing either. It would be a good mid range axe, if it weren't for the high end Gibson-jacked price.

I suggest looking at copycat models, that will deliver the standard of workmanship Gibson is slowly losing.
It depends on who you ask.

I've heard alot of people say they suck, and I've heard alot of people say that they're better than the standard model.
It's true, this stuff I make up.
~Dom~
The only difference between the Faded and regular Gibson v is that the faded does not have the nitro finish. Same body, same neck, same hardware and pickups. Just look at the specs on both, they are the same guitar aside from the finish.

Oh, I played the Faded for a while at GC, and must admit it is a pretty decent guitar. The finish on the neck may feel strange to you, but it is nothing that would hinder your playing.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
Meh...

The faded ones look really cheap and crappy in person. Although I think all Vs look stupid...
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by Vermintide
Some say they are quite shoddily made. That accounts for the price difference. Faded = Basic. It is't gonna sound like the real thing either. It would be a good mid range axe, if it weren't for the high end Gibson-jacked price.

I suggest looking at copycat models, that will deliver the standard of workmanship Gibson is slowly losing.

Wrong.

Get a faded. The finish is SO much sexier than that of the standard's, and it's not SG special faded crappy faded either. The pups are pretty sweet, even through an MG, and it's almost like a tank. (Accidentally hit it on a big thing of metal. Not a scratch in the finish. No dent. And a huge dent in the metal.)

And faded =/= basic.

...Yeah.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
The good fadeds are great guitars and they sound excellent, just play a bunch to avoid the spectacularly shitty ones.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by hamish5178
Meh...

The faded ones look really cheap and crappy in person. Although I think all Vs look stupid...

OMG how can you say that about a V!

and as for the faded V, Ive played them and they're pretty much hit and miss, some are really excellent guitars but then again they do have a couple lemons...
UG's 94th 300 Spartan!!

My Gear:
Hamer Vector
Ltd Viper 50
Line 6 Spider 2 212

Quote by Dirge Humani
I can make my penis hard if I think a lot.

Quote by Hope Sowders
Me: Have you ever used a Ouija board?
Her: Like the things you play on in the ocean? Those boards? Yeah
Last edited by ian_mcpike1990 at Mar 8, 2007,
Thanks for the input... I've been thinking about getting a new guitar but I don't really have enough money yet for something better than what I have.