I think I'm getting addicted to this vintage crap. This amp is almost as old as me!
This here's a Silvertone 1482.

Tube-alicious!

Awright, that's my self-congratulatory spam for today.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Really sweet, actually. It needs to be cleaned up inside. A little static-y, but the tone is there. Tremolo is real nice.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Exactly how old is this beast?
Originally posted by VoodooChild15
If your girlfriend's having sex at 13, she's a dirty dirty whore. And if you're having sex at 14, you're a dirty dirty...pimp.

Looking for a drummer in the Detroit, MI area
PM if interested!

MySpace
dude that looks so cool, specially cause it says sears right next to silvertone. im surprised at the quality cause silvertone now sucks completely
This one dates to the mid-late 60's. Got it from a local guy with a couple old Silvertone halfstacks for sale, too. I may go back. He also had one of those cool amps built into a guitar case! Little six watt tube amp along the lines of a Fender Champ.

Needs a complete looking over. I'm holding off going to a tech. I want to find a guy who'll let me look over his shoulder, or just get a couple books, a schematic, and have a go at it myself. I am an electric system operator, I should be able to figure it out!

...or die trying.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
i love cheapo vintage stuff. its great,id much rather a Harmony from the 50's/60's than a bloody 59 Les Paul (by that i mean i wouldnt play the Les Paul,but id sell it)

I have a Egmond semi from the late 50's and i use it for slide.
I have a Dallas Arbiter Slider amp,its SS but sounds fantastic,thats prob 70's.
Also have a Teisco Checkmate 15 tube combo from '69 roughly.

they are all cheap as chips but i love the mojo from em.

CONGRATS TO YOU!!
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

that's badass, nice score slats!

you have to get some clips of that thing
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
is it as good as the marshall 1974? (actually made in '68)
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
This is only my second vintage goodie, but it's not for lack of trying. My eBay watch list is knee-deep in 30+ year old amps, and I've taken to hitting flea markets and garage sales on the weekeneds. I'm looking forward to the warmer weather for a new reason!

I wouldn't compare this one to any Marshall. It's really got it's own sound. My Model 45, made by Premier, has a real Marshall-y crunch to it, though. Two of the three tubes in that one are made by Mullard.

These things take pedals great, too. It's definitely cool running a Q-tron or a Fuzz Factory thru 'em. Sounds they just never expected to make.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.