i would say the marshall off the top of my head, but thats only because i think line6 tone sucks
98 Epiphone Flying V Korina (Gibson '57 Classic and Classic Plus)

BD-2

Sovtek Mig-50
1979 Marshall 1960A (original Greenbacks)
neither.

read the stickies, please.
read a few threads too.

try a vox valvetronix.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
marshall is the best but the line 6 has some good effects and presets built in. get whatever sounds best to you.
Niether one, save up and buy a better amp, if I had to choose though, I'd go with the marshall, but that's only cause I don't think there's much that isn't better than a line 6 spider...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
bah, if anything, the line six is better than the marshall. the marshall is just bland and boring. at least the spyder has a little kick to it. and if you know how to work an eq it can sound decent.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Don't even consider a Spider II. I made the mistake of getting one, the reason being I was a noob and I was like "Zomg look at all t3h effectz0rs!", when in fact the amp has no tone. The Marshall is better, though I would get an all tube amp, tube amps simply pown all, and if you need more distortion, simply get a pedal.
Quote by Arlabester
listen to gp.

those suck and blow.

like an asian hooker...

i won´t allow you too be sigged for that
I don't like as i lay dying
Quote by aild2006
i won´t allow you too be sigged for that

???

i wasnt trying to be sigged...
Quote by which ones pink
Don't even consider a Spider II. I made the mistake of getting one, the reason being I was a noob and I was like "Zomg look at all t3h effectz0rs!", when in fact the amp has no tone. The Marshall is better, though I would get an all tube amp, tube amps simply pown all, and if you need more distortion, simply get a pedal.

no, you're simply wrong.

you may have made the mistake of getting a spyder, but, with a propper eq job it doesn't suck as bad as this dammned website makes it out to be. the marshall is not better, it lacks tone and has to be one of the most bland and boring amplifiers i've ever touched. tube amps aren't always the answer. the threadstarter probably doesn't have enough experience or knowledge to know how to take care of one, and change the tubes when he has too. and tube amps do not simply pwn all, that's a matter of opinion. while i won't say i don't prefer tube, i've played some nice solid state amps.

threadstarer: if i was you, i would close this thread, read the amps Q&A sticky, the how to get advice sticky, and the others, learn a thing or two. then go to guitar center (or local shop), play all the amps you can. then come back and start a more in depth thread, out lining what you want in an amplifier, which ones you liked, what you liked about them, the amps you didn't like, and what you didn't like about them.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Quote by Arlabester
???

i wasnt trying to be sigged...

i don`t care
I don't like as i lay dying