hey im new here but i always read your guys threads

well i get to play at a small bar because my drummers dad owns it
i mostly play with my only 10w amp but do you think i can play with that?
im 13 and cant really make much money in a short time
i never up my amp past 3 and if i push it (like 10) with my big muff and wah
can i blow my amp??
Most likely, no.

And if you push it up to 10, it will sound like razor blades on a chalk board...trust me. I'm in a band with a dude with a 25 frontman...it's just horrible when he puts it up to even 3.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
dude, i'm sure u could borrow a friend's or uncles or cousin,or w.e. amp just for that night. a ten watt amp in a bar would sound pretty bad(no offense)
^What are you talking about? A 10 watt amp would sound bad in a bar???

What's the logic in that, so that means a 500 watt amp must sound real good in a bar, eh?

ex. Fender jr blues deluxe amp, Orange tiny terror, Epiphone Valve Junior.

edit: if it was tube.

It really all depends if you're playing with a band or if you're just jamming by yourself...
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by NilesKeller
dude, i'm sure u could borrow a friend's or uncles or cousin,or w.e. amp just for that night. a ten watt amp in a bar would sound pretty bad(no offense)

unless its tube...
most likely its not though so i agree with you. you should know someone with a better amp then you so just borrow it. or maybe there's a house p.a., you could just mike it then.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

what kind of amp? a used to gig with a 15watt before i got more fire power. worked well for me, even in a hall. and you dont have to go up to 10 when you gig, most of the time (if its a small bar) im guessing the highest you'll go is 5-6 WITH a full band. how bout the house PA? if they've got a stage or some sort for regular giggers they should have a proper PA system. plug it into there.
KsE

You know they rock.