Poll: Which type of guitar do you play with more?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which type of guitar do you play with more?
Acoustic
22 37%
Electric
36 61%
Voters: 59.
Which one do you play with more? For me, I'd have to go with acoustic, especially when I'm writing songs or something, I only play it on my electric when the final version is complete, haven't really got around to trying new stuff on my electric yet. I come up with melodies on my acoustic, I feel like its a hassle to play electric at times with having to mess with the amp and etc but oh well.
Last edited by S)E-Javelin at Mar 7, 2007,
acoustic electrics ftw
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Electric, usually unplugged (even though I have an acoustic)
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Electric

Though I like playing acoustic, I don't know a whole lot of songs that sound better on the acoustic than the way I play them on the electric.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
acoustic, mainly cuz i play lots and lots of justin king...nice sig btw...
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
thats a toughie I just got a new acoustic the other day so i've been playing that more lately. Although i do love my electric and play it very often.
Macintosh Master
Acoustic, by far. (Technically, it's an acoustic electric, but I play it unplugged.)

I'm actually considering selling all my electric stuff, amps, guitars, pedals, etc. I'm much more of a folk person now than when I began playing guitar.
Quote by soccermom
Of course eating unbelievable amounts of anything can probably harm you, but i chose bananas because they look like willies.
electric, the only acoustic I have is really crappy and I need a new one
Acoustic guitars own my soul
Quote by el-ECTRO
If your child can breathe, suspect drugs. Only people who breathe take drugs. People who cannot breathe still can, but it is increasingly difficult.
Right now I prefer my Acoustic, thats all I play. But I'll probably change my answer once I get a amp that can bring my house down.
Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!
In the rays of the sun I'am longing for the darkness
Funny Canadians : Brandon860, Bodom & Scourge
Leader of the I boobs club
Electric....I love tapping and just using harmonics to make stuff up.
"Don't misinterpret what I'm about to say as something bad, but if you can't play six strings, why do you have seven?" - Dimebag Darrell.

I'm in the 8% of teenagers that likes real music club
pm *rocknrollqueen or Johnsonville to join.
acoustic, i don't have an electric. though i play my friend's a lot. but acoustic more. yeah. beer is nice. actually it tastes crap. it's carling. but it's getting me drunk, so i'm happy. guitars.
electric has more octaves so more room for creativity in my opinion i like to explore every part of my guitar and such and its easier and has more possibilities with an electric.
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Electric, acoustic doesn't interest me as much, you can do so much more on an electric guitar also.
Electric at home, Acoustic on the road.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I just love the nice sound of a good acoustic. Sure you can set up and amp to sound that way, but the feel just isn't there. Plus I write all of my songs on acoustic, even if it's a simple riff I switch over to play on the electric. Most song writers use an acoustic anyways, even for big bands.
I'm all acoustic. I have nothing agianst electric players, and I like listening to good electric guitar, but electrics have never felt right to me.
Death to Ovation haters!
I love my electrics with a passion, but I just can't get past my love for acoustic.

Acoustic ftw
Quote by Kensai
Electric, usually unplugged (even though I have an acoustic)
Ditto. I prefer playing electric to acoustic because it allows me to play the higher notes. But I play with the distortion off because:

1. I have a really sh*tty electric guitar.
2. There are other people in my house and I wouldn't want to annoy them.
EDIT: ^Ditto

Electric, but it's about 60/40, mostly because my acoustic hardly ever ha good strings on it.

But it should even out soon, seeing as I'm back in a band.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
i write my best stuff on acoustics
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
I personally prefer playing acoustic more.

I find that it's more 'fun' and I just feel better suited to doing so.