Is this any good? I have been playing for two months and a bit, and I can sight read stuff pretty well. Example: I can sight read the Stairway to Heaven solo perfectly, and I just did the Iron man solo. I usually get it good in 3 tries. Is this average for a guitarist that has been playing my amount of time?
dude i learned the stairway to heaven solo before i even learned smoke on the water. but yeah its pretty good
Quote by pinky_demon
dude i learned the stairway to heaven solo before i even learned smoke on the water. but yeah its pretty good

well yeah, but did you sight read it? I am not asking if it is good that I have learned it, I am asking whether it is good that I can sight read the whole solo. Sight reading is my questiuon.
dont care....

and quit digging for complements, it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks.
...I'm guessing you mean "sight read" in terms of tablature and not standard notation...?
i cant learn songs if i sight read try learning by ear thats the best way
Guitars:
Ibanez IC300
Fender American Strat w/RioGrande texas specials

Amps:
Fender FM212R
a now broken tube amp

Quote by Gofishus
Dual Core. Do More. <-- Intel branded women.

Member of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Fan Club
Quote by M4jorpiz
i cant learn songs if i sight read try learning by ear thats the best way

I DONT MEAN TO FLAME [feels like you gotta say that nowadays...]

but you cant possibly tell someone your way is better than theirs. its different for everybody. and learning by ear can be tough.
Quote by thundrstruk891
I DONT MEAN TO FLAME [feels like you gotta say that nowadays...]

but you cant possibly tell someone your way is better than theirs. its different for everybody. and learning by ear can be tough.

srry i ment to say i find its the best way for me
Guitars:
Ibanez IC300
Fender American Strat w/RioGrande texas specials

Amps:
Fender FM212R
a now broken tube amp

Quote by Gofishus
Dual Core. Do More. <-- Intel branded women.

Member of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Fan Club
Quote by OneRust
dont care....

and quit digging for complements, it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks.

I am not "digging" for compliments. I just want to compare my playing to see where I am at. If you don't care, then don't respond. Duh.
You mean musical notation, that's impressive. If you just mean tab, that's average.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
I am not "digging" for compliments. I just want to compare my playing to see where I am at. If you don't care, then don't respond. Duh.

You shouldnt worry about where you are compared to others, just play and have fun. dont think about how 'good' you are. Just learn at your own pace.

BTW are you talking about sight reading tab or notation?
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"