I'm trying to build some muscle mass in my upper body. Can anyone give me a good workout routine that involves dumbbells?
Member #9 of the Carvin club
push ups, pull ups and sit ups, its really all you need
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Tha' Get Away Driva' of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Bench Press'll get the job done well.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Check out this workout database. All you have to do is input your goals and how many days a week you want to work out and it gives you a bunch of different programs all for free. I use it all the time to help me switch up my routines. The website itself is real informative too. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/workoutdatabase.htm
Gear:
2006 Jackson RR3
2006 Ibanez S520EX
Peavy JSX 120W Head
Roland Cube 30
Thanks bmschrad, that's exactly what I was looking for.
Member #9 of the Carvin club
Chest Press, shoulder press, curls, bench press, a load of other things... just go to the local gym and ask what to do.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Quark Soup
Thanks bmschrad, that's exactly what I was looking for.

No prob, it's an awesome site it even shows you how to do the exercises correctly. It was def. a god send for my routine.
Gear:
2006 Jackson RR3
2006 Ibanez S520EX
Peavy JSX 120W Head
Roland Cube 30
Quote by bmschrad
Check out this workout database. All you have to do is input your goals and how many days a week you want to work out and it gives you a bunch of different programs all for free. I use it all the time to help me switch up my routines. The website itself is real informative too. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/workoutdatabase.htm

it's a great website

might check out some of the results I got from the query in that link too
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
get this book. it is god:
http://www.amazon.com/Strength-Training-Anatomy-Frederic-Delavier/dp/0736063684/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-9128204-1296668?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173322927&sr=8-1

this teaches you every single exercise you need to know to target specific muscles you want to build. other than that, hit the gym hard, eat tons of high protein foods and get good sleep. size will come quickly.
What nobody has mentioned is that you need to work your lower body too!

I know you want a bigger upper body, but your body wants to be symmetrical by design. Doing lunges with your dumbbells will extremely help your body grow faster. If you only work your upper body, your lower body will actually get stronger, but at a much slower rate.
Shine on diamond eyes.