This song is a few years old but I am still quite proud of it.

I wrote this song with the first band I was ever in: The Legion Below.

I would just like to know what others think of this stuff because we only ended up playing two shows before we disbanded.

I'll crit yours if you take the time to crit mine.

Thank you.

Flames Between Us
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
Dude, that song's awesome, i'm not to fond of the vocals, but apart from that it's damn well put together man, it's a shame you guys broke up
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Thanks for critting mine dude. Awesome intro! Theres some really cool parts in there, like around 1:20 and stuff. That sucks that you guys broke up, you sounded good.
Its a little long, but very good. I love the how the rhythm and lead fit together. Sounds tight, very well put together. The vocals are ok, but could use some work.

BTW thanks for critting mine.
Originally Posted by sadistic_monkey
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
Crate Blue Voodoo Cab (V30's)
Yeah. The lead and rhythm fit together great and I like the harmonized parts. As someone said, the bass gets a little boring, but that's alright. The guitar playing is very good. Why did you guys disband? You could be really good. I liked this a lot. Nothing really to criticize. Keep it up. I think you critted mine, so thanks. If not, here's a link: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522091
Quote by gunsnroses89
Why did you guys disband?

Unfortunatly the other guitarist could not tolerate being in two bands with the bass player so he quit after the bass player had an arguement with the new drummer.

We went through drummers and singer like crazy.

I took it quite hard since it was my first band and we had been together for over a year.I still jam on the songs every now and then since the band broke up in 2005.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
Production sounds good.

Bass is way too loud, the intro needs a rhythm guitar behind it.

I like the riff, but it feels like it should be faster.

When the rhythm guitar comes in it starts to make more sense to me.

Really good riffs and the chords compliment it nicely.

Really nice job on the harmonies.

This needs vocals. RIGHT NOW!!!

Please add vocals to this, it's screaming for it.

I like the triplet rhythm breakdown thing.

AHH! Here go the vocals!

Now that I know that it wasn't an instrumental, I think the intro is too long.

I like the vocals, a good balance between screaming and singing.

Wow, this song is ridiculously long.

I like the stop-time part with the 16th note high-hat rhythm. Reminds me of the breakdown from Drowned And Torn Asunder by Trivium.

Bass solo sounds sweet, I like the drums during this part. And the way the guitars are panned hard left and right sounds really cool.

Solo sounds good here, nice pinches.

The fast parts in the solo sound sick.

OMG! Synth???

Sounds very nice, I'm just waiting for the segue back into metal.

The singing sounded pretty good the way it came in, but I think you could have done something more interesting with the switch.

Right near the end I thought I heard a wrong note in the lead.

The ending should have let the notes drown out.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this.

Really good stuff.

Here's my new song for you to crit, but if you want to hear something more similar to your song listen to For All You Know.
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541115