Page 1 of 2
ya so ive just come out of like a month of depression i feel so awesome now. I felt like killing myself a few times over but now i just feel fantastic. So has anyone else ever gone through something like this?
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
I haven't, but I'm glad you're feeling better!
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
ya. i was reeeellly depressed last month and then i joined theater at my school and i made a ton of really cool friends and got a girlfriend. sometimes i think it just takes a good amount of people who are nice to make things look positive.
yeah, when my friend died...
i felt completely mortal and like a waste of space...
i couldn't even find the energy to kill myself man, i would lie in bed and i almost got fired...

true depression is the worst thing you could ever go through and i wouldnt even wish it on my worse enemy...

glad you're feeling better though...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I'm not trying to be negative, but you should really consider seeing a psychotherapist. It may just be puberty, depending on how old you are, but it could also be something much more serious. If the these long-term mood swings are common for you, I would see somebody about it.
im glad you feel better man. and i agree, what i felt a few years ago, i wouldnt wish on my worst enemy.
Good to hear your feeling better. I had a small streek of it, not like I am some amazing expert on it, but I did get over it, it just took some support from my friends...
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
I just found out that my aunt is in the hospital getting blood transfusions done, they dont know whats wrong with her, and its making me depressed. She was like a grandma to me, i dont know what to do.

But im glad your out of it man.
Quote by kyle100
ya so ive just come out of like a month of depression i feel so awesome now. I felt like killing myself a few times over but now i just feel fantastic. So has anyone else ever gone through something like this?

Congratulations mate! I've just come out of about 6 months of depression and feel wicked... Not to put a downer on you but your depression might come back, so watch out....

well done for overcoming it though
Quote by kyle100

I'm glad to hear it man, I know what it's like, it's hard to get "yourself" back, if you know what I mean. I'm also glad to see that some ignorant little prick hasn't come in and spammed this thread (yet). It kinda restores my faith in (UG) humanity.
I'm rather depressed at the moment. I'm not quite sure why though which is really bugging me. Sucks...But well done on overcomming it.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
I'd definately advise anyone just to talk it out with a really close friend or relative, it may be regarded by some as the "soft" way and you may not see a point in it, but it really does help. You should also try and find a social outlet, whether that be playing guitar with your mates (my outlet ), going out with your mates or join some sort of youth group thing. Whatever gets you out of the house and getting to chat with folk your own age who you like the company of is what I found best.
i just got out of being depressed about a month or 2 ago..one of the worst things ever..you always feel like your a waste of space...and your always really sad..I had friends to talk to and shit tho so I feel better now..but Im glad you found a way out of it..its not easy to quit being depressed
"Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain R.I.P

\_/ This is the Care-Cup! As you can see, it is empty...

p.s. haters, may you trip and fall in a puddle of AIDS.

yep
just got this weird 3 weeks when i was really depressed.
i freaked out one night.
im all better now though
Quote by BGrem261
You are a very loving and smart carton of fries...

THE BOSS of the
Official Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid Group

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
when enough rednecks start talking about how awesome it is, that's when it's defined as classic rock.
well today is the start of my depression... i just found out that im not gonna be able to go to G3 ='( i was so pumped for it now im crushed
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
^^It doesn't quite work like that CC Deville...though your avatar is completely hypnotizing...
i know =( im not depressed this sadness will probably go away in a few days but its G3 man... i doubt theyll be here again for like 2 years
welli have chronic depression so
im never totally ever out of it..
getting wrose in the last month too
im sry =(
Quote by kyle100

im kind of depressed now actaully.

what made you go out of depression?
From what I've gathered from friends that have gone through it, one of the most important things is will power.

A lot of times you don't really want to get better. You're sick of feeling this way, but you're too stubborn to really fight against it.

Convincing yourself that you have to get out and start living a normal life again is great. Talking is supposed to help, although I fail to see how in some cases.

Finding something to distract you works great, but will only help temporary if you don't try to get yourself better either.
Not only would it disrupt the fabric of time and space, but it would totally ruin the surprise!
Last edited by Kailoq at Mar 9, 2007,
I've been feeling pretty shitty for the past couple weeks. I feel like a waste of skin and my self esteem has taken a giant nose-dive, once again. I've lost 25 pounds aswell, which I know isn't all too healthy.
I used to get bullied alot when I was at school, LIKE ALOT. It got to the point where people used to spit in my face or on my jacket, right infront of me. I use to come home very depressed and upset. Because, im not a fighter, I darent, I was the smallest kid right up until the end of secondary school.

My dad used to be ashamed of me, that made it worse I geuss. Glad those days are over now.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by goth clash
I'm rather depressed at the moment. I'm not quite sure why though which is really bugging me. Sucks...But well done on overcomming it.

that was like mine it just sorta came up and now its gone though..it might of had something to do with me falling for like one of my best friends and knowing i had no chance with her.. and also no this doesnt happen to me alot this is the first time.or was neway
My Rig:

Guitars:

Amps:
Roland Microcube

Quote by nick dixon
I used to get bullied alot when I was at school, LIKE ALOT. It got to the point where people used to spit in my face or on my jacket, right infront of me. I use to come home very depressed and upset. Because, im not a fighter, I darent, I was the smallest kid right up until the end of secondary school.

My dad used to be ashamed of me, that made it worse I geuss. Glad those days are over now.

i got a little teary eyed reading that, im glad thats over man, that must have been hell.
I go through phases a lot,Ive suffered from depression in spells for the past 5 years I would say.A lot of the time you dont realise how depressed you are until it ends.The great thing is when you jus crack and let it all out.Normally after that I feel great but when I reach that point I can never tell when its gonna happen.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2T Dinky
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Antares 12 String Acoustic
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01
well i guess i sort of had, but my girlfriend has been though alot more depression then me. i mean, the only reason why shes at my school is because last year at her old school, people threatened her, stoned her with rocks and cussed at her....just for being jewish. i mean, that just pisses me off cause i love her alot and i cant belive she had to go thourgh that, no one should just because of their religion. and theres alot more that shes been though, but thats just a glimpse of it.

yea..depression is contaguious in a way..
Quote by Crazy Toad
I go through phases a lot,Ive suffered from depression in spells for the past 5 years I would say.A lot of the time you dont realise how depressed you are until it ends.The great thing is when you jus crack and let it all out.Normally after that I feel great but when I reach that point I can never tell when its gonna happen.

thats pretty much how i got out i think. I was talking to 2 of my really good friends and they were talking me through it and telling me everything thats good that i have to live for haha one of my friends was like "u cant play guitar in heaven no point killing yourself" and basically after a MAJOR breakdown and a couple stressful issues out of my way it basically left
My Rig:

Guitars:

Amps:
Roland Microcube

Exactly man,I mean its funny sometimes I might end up jus shouting at the top of my voice,cryin whatever lol,actually sometimes Ill end up doin one so much that Ill end up laughing after a while lol.
Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01
Quote by Crazy Toad
Exactly man,I mean its funny sometimes I might end up jus shouting at the top of my voice,cryin whatever lol,actually sometimes Ill end up doin one so much that Ill end up laughing after a while lol.

hahaaa no way. Thats like the exact description of what i went through. I would like be at my friends house with some buds and then i would be sitting there then suddenly start laughing at virtuallty nothing for like half an hour and they would be like "WTF, dude are you ok?" and id be just like yes and keep laughing then suddenly stop
My Rig:

Guitars:

Amps:
Roland Microcube

Quote by Crazy Toad

hahaha

crazy person.

kidding. good way to vent out anger dude
Quote by mitch_33
i got a little teary eyed reading that, im glad thats over man, that must have been hell.

ah, it was the worse thing in the world, seriously.

it's ok to just feel a it "meh, im feeling lonley" depressed or "why does no one understand me?" depressed.

but when youve got people physically making a point of it, its not good, especially when your a kid. The reason for all this?, I look forigen. That is all.

It all turned around for me very quickly about 3 years ago though, very very strange day. I used to have a massive afro, and everyone at school ( especially the girls) were fasinated by this massive Jew fro. So my mate says did I want to go to his house party. I ended up getting trashed, and fell asleep on the couch, like you do.

I woke up with this crowd of people sat round me giggling, and my nose was full of cider, and my eyes were stinging like mad. They had been pouring drink into me while I was out. Not only stupid, but very dangerous as i could have choked and no one would have known.

All I remember was waking up on the kitchen floor with people laughing at me, and a electric shaver buzzing against my head. I just all of a sudden sobererd up, and just stood up and laughed, turned round to the kid with the shaver and WHACK, i floored him. Everyone just took a step back and there was this kid on the floor with a black eye. Noone thought I was capable of going crazy. I remeber shouting "who the **** was holding me!?"

The kid go up after a couple of guys helped him up, he said "aw im sorry..." and whack, right back in my teeth with his fist, I kinda just stood there for about 5 seconds, and then just fell over again.

I could hear girls screaming and a few guys going "Did you just ****ing do that!?"

I woke up with beer down my neck and glass in my hair, went dark again

It seemed like an hour, when all I could hear was my old school mate saying "Nicky, you alright, Nicky, wakeup, oi!" etc

and then these 4 chavs dragged my by my legs outside and proceeded to absoultly kick the shit out me, I couldnt breathe for about 5 minutes, walked around with no shirt and realised what i had done. walked out down the street with my mate carrying my cos I was limping, my dad just pulled up and said "what the hell has he done now?", My mate explained to my dad what had happened, and my dad thought it was kind of funny

I managed to get home from a lift from my dad, and we dropped of my mate in his village, he took me for a walk to calm me down at like 2 oclock in the morning. I wont forget it.

About 3 months later my mate, who held the party told me what had happened, and said he didnt think Id stand up to everyone like i did. Turns out I had maimed, injured, attacked about 8 people in the party, all of whom were involved in the incident. yeah, shaving hairs no big deal, it grows, but it is when you have no sense of reasoning, proportion or judgment. And it was brought upon themselves that they try to take advantage of me.

No one ever pushed me, spat on me, swore at me, some darent even look at me!

All I can say is, dont drink too much at a party cos people will make a twat of you, and every dog has its day!
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
I highly doubt you had the medical condition of depression if it lasted a month.
Member #11 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join

Quote by MuffinMan
Women: the newest form of currency.
I spent all summer being totally miserable and most of the school year so far too, ive only started cheering up within the last month or two and i still have really moody and overemotional moments, but ah well i guess.

And to Nick Dixon that sounds like a horrible experience, im sorry you had to go through that
Brad Delp - June 12, 1951 to March 9, 2007 R.I.P
I've been pretty depressed the past couple of months. Since January I think.
I'm back, you douchebags.
I can safely say from my experience as well,alcohol only makes things 100x times worse,trust me.Its the cause of problems not the cure.
Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01
People talk about depression like you're either depressed or you're not. How do you come out of depression? What changes in your life that makes you feel better? I'm really interested.
I'm having my first true streak of depression right now... and everyone is noticing it, and I'm about to get thrown in counseling, and it SUCKS. I don't think that will help... the best advice I recieved to get out of it was to try getting out of the house, taking walks, moving around. Do anything but mope around, that just keeps you depressed. So far all I've done is mope around.
I'm so damn jealous of myself.
good to hear you're feeling better!!!
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Page 1 of 2