Page 1 of 2
Ive just listed my gear..and its worrying. I dont know why because it gets used and i love it but i feel guilty. Maybe killing the environment chopping down so many trees for the wood..

Guitars

Ibanez S series 1995 -Black
Jackson Kelly Pro-Dark Blue
Gibson Les Paul Studio-Black
Fender USA Strat 1988-Blue
Cashmira Flamenco Guitar
Simon & Patrick Dreadnought Acoustic
Marshall jcm2000
peavey 5150
Marshall 1960b 4x12
Marshall Valvestate 100w
Digitech Whammy
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Big Muff
Metal Muff
Boss GE20 10 Bar EQ
EHX Memory Man
EHX Bass Balls
EHX Black Finger Compressor
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Planet Waves Switchable Cables and Patch Cables
Elixir Electric and Ernie Ball Acoustic Strings. Daddrio Classical Strings
Drums

Mapex Saturn 6 Piece Kit-Cherry Red
Pearl Dennis Chambers Snare
Paiste Alpha Edge Hats & Dry Ride
Istanbul Dark Thin Crash
Zildjian A Custom Projection Crash
Wuhan China
3 Stagg Splashes & 3 Chinas
Iron Cobra Double Pedal
Evans Coated Heads, Vic Firth and Ahead Sticks

Roland TD3 Kit w/Reason Software

Pearl Export w/Avedis Cymbals as spare

Bass

Ibanez sr505 5 String-Mahogany colour
Jim Deacon Precision-black
Torque 100w Combo

Recording

Fostex Digital 8 Track
Cubase SX
Reason
Protools
Drums from Hell
I can honestly say stop. Now.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
that is a bit excessive.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
+1 with derek...

Can I have your holy grail and deluxe memory man!? You have enough!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
well i guess if you go out and spend $200 on partying every weekend like i did for years it is a waste of money. i never bought gear for about 8 years and have made up for it by spending 3k this year (tax deductable..thats my excuse)
meh, if you can afford, keep it coming.

its when yorue broke, hungry, got divorced by your wife, dont even play guitar anymore, and youre getting on your knees to get that new guitar or amp, then youve got a problem...

think of what you have as a collection, instead of pure all out greediness to bring down the natural world or trees....guitars will always be built, it aint your fault!

orrrr, you can always give them away or sell them and donate the money to music education.....but i bet you dont want to do that do you???
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
As long as you can afford it, don't need the money for anything else, and enjoy and use most/all of the stuff you buy, I see nothing wrong with it. That is a pretty impressive list, but I've seend people with over 100 guitars in their collection (!!!). As long as you want it and can afford it, I would say it's no biggie.
Quote by ark
meh, if you can afford, keep it coming.

its when yorue broke, hungry, got divorced by your wife, dont even play guitar anymore, and youre getting on your knees to get that new guitar or amp, then youve got a problem...

think of what you have as a collection, instead of pure all out greediness to bring down the natural world or trees....guitars will always be built, it aint your fault!

orrrr, you can always give them away or sell them and donate the money to music education.....but i bet you dont want to do that do you???

well im not rich but my work is going ok and im a fulltime musician so it gets used and saves me paying extra tax because its for work purposes. I just say i need 6 guitars for different styles of music lol. My girlfriend thinks im obsessed, but better that than booze or hookers.
I think you got enough :P you could give some to me and then buy some more though lols. I suppose you need some moral advice for this situation . . . it seems like you got some addiction to buying gear lols . . . or you keep getting sweet deals on them and I can't pass up a good deal on anything. You should tell you're self when you buy these, "do I really need this . . . and put my money into something really awesome"
Guitar Related Products
Schecter Omen-6
Digitech Grunge Distortion Pedal
Peavey Rage-158 15w Amp

Member of Kurt Cobain>shredding club P.M. eldanny to join.
Quote by dhav211
I think you got enough :P you could give some to me and then buy some more though lols. I suppose you need some moral advice for this situation . . . it seems like you got some addiction to buying gear lols . . . or you keep getting sweet deals on them and I can't pass up a good deal on anything. You should tell you're self when you buy these, "do I really need this . . . and put my money into something really awesome"

to me gear and music is awesome. i wouldnt be excited about buying a land rover or a carribean holiday. maybe i should get a pension or something.
Quote by TehJermie
When you have more guitars than songs you know how to play, something is wrong.

well ive been playing for 15 years and in several functions bands which means you learn hundreds of songs..and i teach.
Quote by Cabron1
well ive been playing for 15 years and in several functions bands which means you learn hundreds of songs..and i teach.

It wasn't a personal attack. Relax.
Never...you will never stop wanting more. Its just human nature. So if it makes you happy... spend away. Besides...someday a lot of that will be worth some serious vintage cash. And you can be that guy who owns all sorts of crazy things and all the kids in the neighborhood come over and try to butter you up so maybe they can look at it.

Especially if your an active musician and you teach. I mean...using more gear means more knowledge to pass on to your students. More gear means more possibilities.

And if things dont work out you can always start a store with all that then build your inventory haha.
I can vouch that. after buting 4 guitars 2 amps and some other shit in the space of about 4 months.. Buying gear is addictive.

But if that's what you like then go for it. 'Tis a better vice than spendnig money on alcohol/cigarettes/drugs.

I doubt I'll ever stop buying gear. I hate having to sell it though, it's killing me that I have to get rid of a heap of shit to pay for my new amp. I love having a varied guitar collection. Every one is unique and fun in it's own way.

So I say. NEVER stop buying gear!
as long as you can afford it, Never Stop. actually, stop buying china cymbals. you've got way too many
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Cabron1
.....better that than booze or hookers.

haha, well played
I've been practicing only for just over a month now... and already have 3 guitars, 2 amps, and a recently added multi-effects pedal.

I eat lots of ramen...
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
If the guilt ever gets you down, you can give some stuff to me. Let me solve all your problems.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
^Too late, I already asked. BACK OFF : O!!!!

But...I guess you can never get TOO much gear...

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Hakael
I've been practicing only for just over a month now... and already have 3 guitars, 2 amps, and a recently added multi-effects pedal.

I eat lots of ramen...

i have heard of this ramen before..really cheap food?. in the uk we have an equivilant called baked beans. i have endured.
Quote by Hakael

I eat lots of ramen...

WTF, you have to be rich. Dude stop buying all that shit >.< you don't need it right now...
^It's the poor man's Steak and Lobster combo...don't ask.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Cabron1
well im not rich but my work is going ok and im a fulltime musician so it gets used and saves me paying extra tax because its for work purposes. I just say i need 6 guitars for different styles of music lol. My girlfriend thinks im obsessed, but better that than booze or hookers.

thats the way to go! tax write offs rule! good on ya, im full time with my band as well, and its great that there are tons of grants and government help to keep us on our feet! wooo, i only own 3 guitars thus far and a few amps, but i try to keep it to one amp one guitar for my shows, plus some backups....

well youve got a living, a girlfreind! and most likely a place to live, a bunch of wicked gear and a job playing music all day and night, cant get any better than that, being rich is just gravy on the potatos. hah definitly a better than booze and hookers,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Quote by Jinskee
^Too late, I already asked. BACK OFF : O!!!!

But...I guess you can never get TOO much gear...

When you have enough gear that you can't get in your house anymore...that's too much.
Right now in the house there are

2004 MIM strat (all maple)
2002 MIM strat
1994 MIM strat
1989 HM (usa) strat

Squier Stagemaster x2 (Oldschool one completely custom, newer, neck-thru with ofr)

1992 dk-2 rev (maple)
1996 dk-2 rev (rosewood)
1990 SL-3 (Ebony fretboard)

1982 Les Paul Standard (I think)
2000 Faded V

Ibanez 540P (trem)

Two half stacks

4 extra celestion (v30) speakers

Line 6 Vetta 2x12 w/ FBV.

Pignose G-40v

Two drum sets, one fitted with some Zil Z-customs and another with some craptastic Sabian B8s

A roland synth unit and a keyboard

Couple basses (one is a washburn, one is a Samick)

a couple bass combos, a few random vintage tube amps (harmonies, I believe)

A fender acoustic as well as a few other assorted acoustics, both steel and nylon string.

Also have a laptop and a firewire mixer. Just need a couple mics in order to get recordings setup

I'm still short my rack unit, my baby (PRS Custom (or CE) 24) and a Bogner XTC. After that's all done I don't think I'll be buying much more gear. Maybe drum/bass stuff, but definitely no more guitar... Well, maybe
:0

Wow, props genocide.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Well, after almost three years of playing guitar I have:

1 shitty electric guitar
1 shitty acoustic guitar
1 cheap 15w amp

...and a capo and a tuner.

I envy anyone who has a guitar worth more than $100.
rofl yawn.

We should buy you a new rig for your B-day.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by De Amazing Blob
As long as you can afford it, don't need the money for anything else, and enjoy and use most/all of the stuff you buy, I see nothing wrong with it. That is a pretty impressive list, but I've seend people with over 100 guitars in their collection (!!!). As long as you want it and can afford it, I would say it's no biggie.

But... what if you don't have the money.... but then buy it all anyways?
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Quote by Cabron1
Guitars

Ibanez S series 1995 -Black
Jackson Kelly Pro-Dark Blue
Gibson Les Paul Studio-Black
Fender USA Strat 1988-Blue
Cashmira Flamenco Guitar
Simon & Patrick Dreadnought Acoustic
Marshall jcm2000
peavey 5150
Marshall 1960b 4x12
Marshall Valvestate 100w
Digitech Whammy
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Big Muff
Metal Muff
Boss GE20 10 Bar EQ
EHX Memory Man
EHX Bass Balls
EHX Black Finger Compressor
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Planet Waves Switchable Cables and Patch Cables
Elixir Electric and Ernie Ball Acoustic Strings. Daddrio Classical Strings
Drums

Mapex Saturn 6 Piece Kit-Cherry Red
Pearl Dennis Chambers Snare
Paiste Alpha Edge Hats & Dry Ride
Istanbul Dark Thin Crash
Zildjian A Custom Projection Crash
Wuhan China
3 Stagg Splashes & 3 Chinas
Iron Cobra Double Pedal
Evans Coated Heads, Vic Firth and Ahead Sticks

Roland TD3 Kit w/Reason Software

Pearl Export w/Avedis Cymbals as spare

Bass

Ibanez sr505 5 String-Mahogany colour
Jim Deacon Precision-black
Torque 100w Combo

Recording

Fostex Digital 8 Track
Cubase SX
Reason
Protools
Drums from Hell

Ehhh...if you really think about it...thats not all THAT much. I mean...most the stuff is pretty small. Yeah theres some bigger stuff in there. But when you list off EVERYTHING you have the list looks bigger than it is.
Dont get me wrong thats a lot of nice gear, but the list makes it look bigger than it is.

Anyways, Ive got more crap than Ill ever need...and Im always looking for more. I got just as much stuff laying around friends' houses (chords, bass amps, PA gear, stands, mics, drum accessories, guitar pedals...etc.) as I do in my music room...which is packed full of crap.

There is no "too much" ... unless you put yourself in debt over it...
Quote by Jinskee
rofl yawn.

We should buy you a new rig for your B-day.
*cough*June 3rd*cough*

Excuse my sore throat :-/
Stop.... you have a cse of G.A.S. i think...
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Sell eveything you don't need, I bet you never touch that marshall VS anymore, or those stagg cymbals... and once you've sold all your crap you can buy some better crap...
Quote by sam i am
better crap...

Oxymoron?

There's no such thing as too much. Keep buying. Although I suggest selling your lower end kit, no point in keeping anything with stagg written on it really..

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
damn dude, nice rig!
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by philjay
Oxymoron?

There's no such thing as too much. Keep buying. Although I suggest selling your lower end kit, no point in keeping anything with stagg written on it really..

yeah, but you know what I mean
Quote by doomnight
WTF, you have to be rich. Dude stop buying all that shit >.< you don't need it right now...

Well, I'm definitely not rich NOW...

And I know... I don't "need" it, but I sure as hell "wanted" it. My willpower is about as strong as a lemming's. It's not like I went completely overboard though. Aside from the Schecter, nothing else was over $200.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
This guy that I know (Owner of a guitar store) owns over 300 guitars NOT including amps. Collecting guitars is his passion and I know for a fact that he will never sell his guitars. I've talked to him and he says he just loves guitars. Now, these guitars aren't like squires or anything, they are like top 10 custom 24 PRS's.

Here's a link to his store:
Dave's guitar shop

Here's a link to his personal collection:
Dave's personal collection
My Rig:
PRS SE custom
cube 60
Dual Rectifier Roadster (2X12 combo)
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer
Page 1 of 2