Ello ello.
Lately my bass has been acting really strange, distorted notes and such, and it started off that I couldnt play a low E anymore without getting brown noise out of my amp. (and it wasn't my amps fault because I tried 4 different ones)
Now today I try to play again, and move my pickups down from the strings..but every single note would distort immediately.
This could mean one thing, the battery(active elec). I pop open the bass, and go to remove my battery from the 9 volt connector. Slip. Out comes the black wire from it, and the red one is still chilling there.

My question: ....now what? Do i cut open the connector and resolder the black in there or what???

Pictures below

Timely response would be appreciated, I have band practice this weekend.
Thanks a bunch guys.
Yep, resoldering time. Simple fix so long as you know what you're doing.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Quote by canadianpunk071
Yep, resoldering time. Simple fix so long as you know what you're doing.

Cool, now would this explain the distorted noise???
Before it got really bad if I turned the onboard EQ down the bite wasnt as noticable, and the only way I could play would to be playing really softly
Quote by Kellas
Cool, now would this explain the distorted noise???
Before it got really bad if I turned the onboard EQ down the bite wasnt as noticable, and the only way I could play would to be playing really softly

Yes, this is without doubt the problem. Lack of power to the preamp, resulting in a shit signal.

Quote by MetalUpTheAss

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Fantastic, going to have to take the baby into the shop class at school.
I can go to sleep without having nightmares tonight, thanks for the help man appreciate it.
No problem. What kind of bass is that, anyway?
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

i guess u pulled the wire pretty hard...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by canadianpunk071
No problem. What kind of bass is that, anyway?

Its a Warwick Rock Bass Corvette SE.
Got it in September for my first real bass, started off with a lil broken Ibanez and worked the summer to get her.

And, for the wire pulling, I just took the thing out and it popped out. The blue thing that holds both the red and black was squished in though, and has been since I got it.
Quote by ECistheBest
i guess u pulled the wire pretty hard...

I doubt it, they actually pull out surprisingly easily.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

oh really?
i don't really pull on it so much cuz i don't really want anything to deal with...
i got like 5 spare battery clips now but yea when i wired it in
i was careful to the max
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard