Page 1 of 2
I started playing playing guitar in november i've been going to lessons every saturday i really feel like im getting better but I haven't learned how to play an whole song yet. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on a good song to fully learn for beginners?
smoke on the water. being a half ass bass player, its the only song i know on a guitar. except for translated bass lines.
eruption r u nuts mate? Smoke on the water is good or maybe some nirvana thats not to hard
My Gear:

Fender 2008 American Series Standard Stratocaster
Hand Made Acoustic Guitar (made by my uncle)
Epiphone Limited Edition G-400 with maestro trem
BOSS DS-1
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Crybaby Classic Wah
Peavey Bandit
I knew a guy once who had never even picked up a guitar before, decided he liked the song Midnight by Joe Satriani, picked up a guitar, practiced for two weeks and could play it almost perfectly. Not that I'd reccomend it. The guy still couldn't play a chord to save his life.

My first full song was Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd. Have You Ever Seen the Rain is a good choice too.
knocking on heavens door! bob dylan ftw
Quote by Tiamat
lol @ greenday becoming the social "norm" for being crap at guitar.
knockin on heavens door - bobby d was my first.. then wish you were here - p floyd..

but since your name is zepphead im guessin your a Led Zep fan.. Livin Lovin Maid is really easy, and has a nice solo in it.
Machine Gun by Hendrix. Or Voodoo Chile
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
House of the Rising Sun.

It introduces you to basic chord shapes, and how to pick strings one at a time, as well as strumming them.

Plus, it's not too hard in the first place.

My first electric song was "Smells Like Teen Spirit" By Nirvana.

Once again, easy chord progression, and it's a good intro to solos
Nikolas
If you are a led zepplin fan, try misty mountain hop from the 4 symbols album. The tab is in the tab section of this site.
always in the poo, only the depth changes
Don't you listen to music...?

It shouldn't be that hard to just pick any song you like and learn it.
Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
Wish You Were Here is a really nice song...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
My first song was a spanish song I learned in mexico my second, one was come as you are and my third one was somke on th water

mfg http
Wonder wall is nice.. my friend plays it with a capo. The first song I learnt was Stay Together for the Kids by Blink 182, though I found that the second song I learned, I Hear you Calling by Gob, was a lot easier.
Depends on what you are into, I found a song I liked (enter sandman - Metallica) that didn't sound too hard, went to my teacher and said "hey can you teach me this" pretty much.
As of yet it's the only song i've learnt all the way through.

Also, if you don't enjoy playing the song, then there's no point to playing it as it will irritate you to the point of quitting.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
First song i ever learned was Sweet Home Alabama, pretty easy, sounds nice ntroduces key techniques, but im with the others, pick one you like.
First song was The La's - There She Goes

Feeder - Buck Rogers is pretty easy =] and fun to play ^.^
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
Try the song Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth. Really easy.

Enter Sandman by Metallica is also easy.
The ONLY Thread For Beginners Songs - by ultimate guitar
Its a really easy song to learn, probably one of the easiest ever but still some people seem to struggle with it
Last edited by ferretman at Mar 11, 2007,
i started playing in novemeber and also take lessons. the first song i've learned is 'when i come around' by green day. its not too difficult, gets you some experience with palm muting and has a pretty easy solo. its tuned down a half step so you need to do that for it to have the right tone. enjoy
Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy GX
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Ibanez RG5ERX1
Fender MIM Telecaster
Fender Acoustic
Fender Supersonic Combo
Boss TU-2 / CS-3 / DD-20 / Vox Satchurator / Hardwire CR-7 / Vox Big Bad Wah / ISP Decimator G-String
Infact any Snow Patrol song, they are easy and catchy =]

Chasing Cars, You're All I Have, Spitting Games etc
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
Quote by ROCK=ZEPPELIN
House of the Rising Sun.

It introduces you to basic chord shapes, and how to pick strings one at a time, as well as strumming them.

Truth.

EDIT: Also, Flathead by the Fratellis (from the latest iPod commercial) has very basic chords, that's easy to learn.
Last edited by Fusoe at Mar 11, 2007,
Santeria was my first song, pretty easy solo too. Second that you would probably be more interested in is Over the Hills and Far Away, i was surprised at how simple it was, it takes practices but its worth it in the end.
My Gear:

Ibanez Prestige 1570L
LH Fender Standard Stratocaster Arctic White
Ibanez Gax 70L
Roland Cube 30X
Vox V847 Wah
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver Pedal

RedSox are better than you.
^ Santeria's indeed a fun song. Fun intro, fun solo, and somewhat fun chorus.

And fun verse, I suppose
Smells Like Teen Spirit- Nirvana is easy
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
Page 1 of 2