Poll: Do you have a slip/case for your amp?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you have a slip/case for your amp?
Yes, I always have it inside
6 38%
No, I don't care for one, and it doesn't really matter!
5 31%
Jinskee > everyone.
5 31%
Voters: 16.
Just wondering. I'm going to take my tube amp out for the road and actually turn it up and jam with some friends...

I just don't want it to get beat up. I got a little slip that goes on top of my amp and all, but I was wondering what UG members had...
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
My Mesa came with a cover, but I don't see the point in using it, unless it's raining outside when I move it to my truck.
Make sure that you let it hang out for a bit if it's going through vast temperature changes.

You don't want your tubes to splode.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Yeah, if you live in a place with a crazy climate, it's really best to have it sit in a road case.
I dont, personally i dont really see the point unless you go on tour and your amp is gonna be in the back of a van getting bashed around. I take my amp to band practice twice a week, play at church twice a week, and usually jam out w/ friends at least once a week and it does just fine in the back seat of my car. Like i said though if its going to be somewhere where it will get thrashed around really easily then it might be a smart move, otherwise dont worry about it. Amps need character too u know.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
^Oh, are you Christian too?

Haha, I guess so. But still, I guess I don't have too worry TOO much, considering I have my 1 year warrenty still valid.

I'm planning on briniging it to school for a gig or two and practices at church. It''ll keep that in mind.

PS.

And LOL @ "Jinskee> everyone" Being the most voted option!

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Also, cheers for everyone that responded

Quote by kitfoo
My Mesa came with a cover, but I don't see the point in using it, unless it's raining outside when I move it to my truck.

I see, you have a good point. In hawaii, it does rain quite frequently, but I guess I'll take the bullet and just run out there with the slip.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
My main baby(amp :P) is a tank for a 30 year old+ amp. But California gets some pretty unpredictable weather (100+ one day below 40 the next) and with tube amps being the way they are, I prefer err on the side of caution.
Yep, I use the cover, just when I move around to practice and such. Denim covers are really strong actually, no scuffs and tears on the tolex/tweed of any of my amps roadtrips are when I use the flight case.