I was wondering if a tube power amp and a solid stat power amp's sound will differ if i run it through a solid state preamp. I have a line 6 podxt live and i'm starting to consider into buying a power amp and a cab. I was thinking of mesa 50/50 but then i see other solid state power amps that arent as much. Does the tubes really cahnge the quality of the sound?
HELL yes! I also use a PODxtLive and the tubes really warm up the sound. I never tried a 50/50 but my XTL sounded terrible through a 2:90. Maybe because it's designed for use with a TriAxis, I'm not sure. That's the only poweramp I ever tried my XTL through, I was going to check out a Marshall EL34 100/100 Dual Monoblock poweramp but then I came across the old Ampeg I have now and that ended my search. It can be hard to get a good live sound out of an XTL but this amp just kills with it when things are set up right. It actually makes the amp-modeling of the XTL live up to the Line 6 advertising.

Let us know how your search turns out, I'm curious if other poweramps sound better with an XTL than that 2:90 did. In my experience they work best through tube amps with alot of clean headroom.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
so you think that like maybe if i played through like a fender twin it'd be a real good sound?
so you think that like maybe if i played through like a fender twin it'd be a real good sound? Or maybe through a tube bass amp?