I desperately need to fix the buzz on my tele. It pretty much only occurs when I have my hands off the strings. I don't think it's the single-coils that are the problem because my Strat (SSS) doesn't have this problem when plugged into the same (completely clean) amp.

Could be a connection problem, but I'm not too sure about that. What could the problem be?

Thanks in advance
It could be your lead mate try other leads if you havent or check the wiring for something out of the ordinary. Or think wat is wrong with this picture as in wat is different about me playing this tele to other guitars and people and that might help find the problem

Hope that helps
My Gear:

Fender 2008 American Series Standard Stratocaster
Hand Made Acoustic Guitar (made by my uncle)
Epiphone Limited Edition G-400 with maestro trem
BOSS DS-1
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Crybaby Classic Wah
Peavey Bandit
[UFender Strats are usually noisier than Fender Teles, but you didn't mention what make your guitars are.

1 -- your body acts like an antenna for noise and couples it into the pickups and unshielded wiring.

2 -- touching the strings grounds your body, and reduces the amount that can get into the pickups/wiring.

3 -- shield your control cavity and pickup cavities.

4 -- http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/shielding/tele.php

5 -- PROFIT!!!!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
It's a good idea to follow the Guitarnuts guide to shielding. As the Tele bridge pickup is generally more overwound than Strat pickups, it will hum a bit more. Good shielding and star grounding will be able to get rid of most of this hum.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
put both pickups on.

That helps a bit. If you don't like that tone, Make the grounding ring and attach to your finger.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.