Page 1 of 2
Just wondering, whats the latest when you've asked a girl to prom??? I could go with one of my girl friends but I want to ask this girl that I like to prom and its on april 14th and she has no idea so give me like a deadline before its too late.
I'd say no later than 2-3 weeks. Chicks go crazy when you don't give them enough time to prepare (provided she even says yes ). You should probably do it even earlier before she gets asked by someone else.
Quote by happytimeharry
I'd say no later than 2-3 weeks. Chicks go crazy when you don't give them enough time to prepare (provided she even says yes ). You should probably do it even earlier before she gets asked by someone else.

Shes a junior so I don't really need to worry about her availability. So hmm, 2-3 weeks before prom...okay.

Quote by some_guy

why are you having a prom at the start of the year?

Its in april....near the end of the school year.
Quote by S)E-Javelin
Shes a junior so I don't really need to worry about her availability. So hmm, 2-3 weeks before prom...okay.

Its in april....near the end of the school year.

end of term 1?

thats weird
Some Guy?
Quote by some_guy

why are you having a prom at the start of the year?

That's a pretty average time for a prom. Here in the U.S. school usually gets out in May so it's really near the end of the school year. Hell, Seniors get out on May 3rd. WOO HOO!
Quote by some_guy
end of term 1?

thats weird

Silly auzzie. We end our school years in May or June
Last night I played a blank tape at full volume. The mime next door went crazy.

Quote by happytimeharry
That's a pretty average time for a prom. Here in the U.S. school usually gets out in May so it's really near the end of the school year. Hell, Seniors get out on May 3rd. WOO HOO!

oh ok, cool

damn americans leaving school early
Some Guy?
Quote by ckellingc
I submitted it to her about a year ahead of time and she STILL wasn't ready when I picked her up.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Quote by ckellingc
I submitted it to her about a year ahead of time and she STILL wasn't ready when I picked her up.

Did you submit the date request form in triplicate and send follow up memos every other Tuesday up until the week before the prom? If not, there's your problem.
Quote by ckellingc

T.F.B.

Typical Female Behavior

Quote by ckellingc

I never ask girls so long ahead of time because you never know where your relationship will go in between that, like what if you get into a fight and all the sudden hate each other or something.
Quote by bluesubno6
at least 2 weeks since she's gotta get a dress. Early as possible is better.

Yeah, but at the same time if you ask too early then you end up looking too eager and you run the risk of the chick forgetting all together. Timing is a very sensitive thing, kinda like waking up in the morning. Wake up too early and you still feel tired but can't get back to sleep. Wake up to late and you feel groggy as hell and you still hate the world.
Quote by happytimeharry
Yeah, but at the same time if you ask too early then you end up looking too eager and you run the risk of the chick forgetting all together. Timing is a very sensitive thing, kinda like waking up in the morning. Wake up too early and you still feel tired but can't get back to sleep. Wake up to late and you feel groggy as hell and you still hate the world.

So give me a deadline...I'm confused again...and if she says no then I'll be screwed because I pushed it back so much by then its too late to ask someone else!
Dont ask 2 weeks ahead. That aint enough time for you to get a tux and her to get the right dress. Ask like a month ahead.

Quote by S)E-Javelin
So give me a deadline...I'm confused again...and if she says no then I'll be screwed because I pushed it back so much by then its too late to ask someone else!

Hm, a deadline you say? I dunno, uh... March 21st? I don't have this problem, I already got my date...
Quote by fiveironfreshy
Silly auzzie. We end our school years in May or June

well it makes sense to start the school year at the start of the year and finish it at the end.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
the LATEST? my friend you're looking at this all wrong.

if somebody else asks her first, you're blocked.

you need to ask her NOW.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by happytimeharry
Hm, a deadline you say? I dunno, uh... March 21st? I don't have this problem, I already got my date...

Lucky you, and um March 21st? I think thats way too late....2 weeks before prom?
Quote by rustic_metal
well it makes sense to start the school year at the start of the year and finish it at the end.

It's a seasonal thing. Our summer runs from like June till August so we like to have that time off. School here starts anywhere between mid-late August to early September.

Quote by S)E-Javelin
Lucky you, and um March 21st? I think thats way too late....2 weeks before prom?

You said a deadline so I just pulled one out of my ass. Ask her on St. Patrick's Day when she's good and drunk so you don't have to worry about her saying no.
Last edited by happytimeharry at Mar 8, 2007,
Quote by happytimeharry
It's a seasonal thing. Our summer runs from like June till August so we like to have that time off. School here starts anywhere between mid-late August to early September.

yeah i know, i was just disputing the 'silly aussie' thing
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
my advice on asking her:
no fear - casual all the way.
works like a charm :p
Quote by rustic_metal
yeah i know, i was just disputing the 'silly aussie' thing

It doesn't matter what is being disputed because, lets face it, Aussies will win every time. You have Koalas.
Quote by happytimeharry

You said a deadline so I just pulled one out of my ass. Ask her on St. Patrick's Day when she's good and drunk so you don't have to worry about her saying no.

Great, and when she's off her hang over the very next day, I'm ****ed.
Quote by S)E-Javelin
Great, and when she's off her hang over the very next day, I'm ****ed.

I'm trying to make a point. Make your own deadline. Ask her when you feel the timing is right. You'll know when the right moment is upon you. Put those male instincts to good use and stop worrying about the technicalities of the whole thing.
Quote by happytimeharry
I'm trying to make a point. Make your own deadline. Ask her when you feel the timing is right. You'll know when the right moment is upon you. Put those male instincts to good use and stop worrying about the technicalities of the whole thing.

Yeah, I just can't wait to get all this school-related social crap over with, I mean I enjoy it but the pressure is sometimes too much, you have no idea how excited I am for college
Quote by S)E-Javelin
you have no idea how excited I am for college

Yeah I do, I have the worst case of Senioritis myself. Just about 35 or so school days left...
Now.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
I never bothered asking girls to prom when I was in HS. Usually had 2 or 3 who had asked me before I even started thinking about prom, so i just picked one.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
I never bothered asking girls to prom when I was in HS. Usually had 2 or 3 who had asked me before I even bothered thinking about prom, so i just picked one.

It wasn't awkward or anything just randomly going up to a girl and asking her to prom?
If its senior prom, one month. But why go? Its all so ... icky like unreal any way. A passage of materialism and egotisim.
"The only solace to the miseries of life is Music and Cats". Albert Schwietzer
Quote by S)E-Javelin
It wasn't awkward or anything just randomly going up to a girl and asking her to prom?

No man. The worst that could happen was her saying, "no" right? Actually, I meat one of my girlfriends when she used that exact method. She was in line behind me at the 7-11 and liked my shoes so she asked me out. We dated for a few months then she moved to alaska. bummer.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
No man. The worst that could happen was her saying, "no" right? Actually, I meat one of my girlfriends when she used that exact method. She was in line behind me at the 7-11 and liked my shoes so she asked me out. We dated for a few months then she moved to alaska. bummer.

You know, by the way you say it, it sounds so clean and smooth but when I actually do it, its ****ing hell. This is usually why I have to get to know the girl and be friends with her for a while before I ask her out...sigh.
I didn't go to prom. I just never saw the point. Why go to a public (school) function when we could spend that time in a more personal setting?
Quote by Hawk127
I didn't go to prom. I just never saw the point. Why go to a public (school) function when we could spend that time in a more personal setting?

Well thats thing dude, most people look forward to the after prom, plus no one really sees it at a "school function" but more as a social event having fun with all your friends...etc
Well mate, make sure you do ask her sooner or later...as soon as it is feasible and the time is right. I mean, what happens if you wait till this 'deadline' and for some reason she's not in school or whatever...what happens if she's already been asked by the time of this deadline?

Just go for it...don't be like me and always leave stuff like this until it's too late and someone else has snapped her up.

*Sigh*
Page 1 of 2