Page 1 of 5
So is anyone else totally stoked for 300? It's going to be by far the coolest movie to come out in a long time. Thoughts?
#14 Member of the "Linkin Park Sucks" Club. PM Whstripesrox to join

I had a friend named Lee. He cast a spell, a spell on me. If me and Lee and KG could be free, flying free tenaciously.
I agree. Yes, I do.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
I'm super stoked about it. My little brother is really pissed off because Frank Miller is his absolute favorite Artist/Writer and he really digs the Graphic Novel but my parents won't let him go see it because it's rated R.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by S)E-Javelin

I love you. Just set that as my desktop background
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
idk, it just looks like a ****in gore fest with no plot or anything whatsoever, but i'll probably still go watch it, it looks like it has a lot of cool action, and frank miller is ****in tight
Looks good. It seems to be pretty interesting balance between Hollywood flash and historical content (Hollywood wins, but that's not necessarily a bad thing).
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Looks totally awesome. Frank Miller is always good.

BTW, Sin City owned
Member #1,267,859 of the I'd die for Dethklok club. PM Vigilantius to join.

Infanterist of the First Reich of the Grammar Nazis.

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
From a personal point of view, I think it looks ok, except for all that lame computer shit.
Quote by terrencemaddox
Looks good. It seems to be pretty interesting balance between Hollywood flash and historical content (Hollywood wins, but that's not necessarily a bad thing).

The historical content looks pretty minimal. It's got a weird fantasy element to it as well.
Quote by greety
The historical content looks pretty minimal. It's got a weird fantasy element to it as well.

Oh, agreed. I think it was based on the war and that may be it? I don't know too much about it.

As far as the fantastical element...oh yeah. The Persians look so strange.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I'm pretty psyched to see this movie, I'm a little worried that it might not meet my expections since it occurs pretty often when a preview appeals to me so much then when I see it, its so disappointing that I want to cry (exaggeration in progress).
Quote by terrencemaddox
Oh, agreed. I think it was based on the war and that may be it? I don't know too much about it.

As far as the fantastical element...oh yeah. The Persians look so strange.

In the Battle of Thermopylae of 480 BC an alliance of Greek city-states fought the invading Persian army in the mountain pass of Thermopylae. Vastly outnumbered, the Greeks held back the enemy in one of the most famous last stands of history. Persian King Xerxes lead a Army of well over 100,000 (Persian king Xerxes before war has about 170,000 army) men to Greece and was confronted by 300 Spartans, 700 Thespians and other Slave soldiers. Xerxes waited for 10 days for King Leonidas to surrender or withdraw left with no options he moved. The battle lasted for about 3 days and after which all 300 Spartans were killed. The Spartan defeat was not the one expected as a local shepherd named Ephialtes defected to the Persians and informed Xerxes of a separate path through Thermopylae, which the Persians could use to outflank the Greeks.

Yaarrr!
Quote by greety
Yaarrr!

Good deal. I have heard of that before, but I am pretty sure it was from The Last Samurai
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Yep, just got back from seeing it.

Best movie I've seen in a very long time. Insanely awesome.

Go see it.

Until more say they're seen it, I'm not saying anything about it.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Are there any torrents of this movie yet?
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I would seriously become a hooker just to own one of these.

Quote by rockonth
Jackiphone jack paul
This Is Sparta!!!
Quote by Nick_
But the point is: Music is too mutable, too ambiguous, too unruly to allow itself to be defined by an absolute syntax of terms. Don't bother. Live with it.
Looks kickass, I'll see it tonight.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by CyAC

I don't know for certain, but I doubt it. I'd give it another day or so.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by CyAC

Im still looking >.>

Still gonna see it in the pictures though, looks worthwhile.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
My only gripe is they leave out the sea battle at Artemision.

I know the movie's based on Frank Miller's graphic novel and not meant to be 100% historically correct and all, but if it wasn't for that battle at sea, the Greek forces probably wouldn't have succeeded as much as they did, because the sea battle was every bit as crucial as the land battle.

Saxo-Walrus

I'm just waiting to see how much they vilify the Persians, especialy considering the Achaemenid empire was the first based on ideals of truth and justice and the religion that formed and proliferated during this period, Zoroastrianism, came up with the concept of free will.

Hmmmm, and the Spartans contributed so much to society.
Quote by fallenangel20
Yep, just got back from seeing it.

Best movie I've seen in a very long time. Insanely awesome.

Go see it.

Until more say they're seen it, I'm not saying anything about it.

Really? Looked pretty bad to me. They market it as a historical fiction movie, yet the movie just looks like fighting and computers. Who knows, maybe I'll go see it. It could be the next gladiator
Quote by nappy d
would you like it if gay people rubbed their dicks all over your face and mouth every night cause you dont wanna give some head?

Quote by Jackolas

"MI BANDZ WANTS ME 2 LERNZ AND PLAY IT TOOMOOROO AT SKOOLZ INFRONT 0F 121298 PEEPZ LOLZ INCLUDING DIZ GUY I LIKE"
I definitely want to see this one. Ancient war is my thing.
I don't know why..
I don't know why I fight for you this way.
Quote by Sl@yer2021
Really? Looked pretty bad to me. They market it as a historical fiction movie, yet the movie just looks like fighting and computers. Who knows, maybe I'll go see it. It could be the next gladiator

yes, and in the historical battle there was a lot of fighting, hence it was based somewhat on the actual happenings, hence historical fiction (it was made on computers b/c of the art style of frank, which doesnt taek away from the meaning IMO).... just because it doesn't have a boring narrator and a bland plot doesn't mean it can't be a historical piece..... i'll probably see it soon, looks badass
I'd really love to see it, it'd most definitely beat the last movie I saw in a theatre...
I should be seeing it today after school lets out. If the tickets are sold out, ill see it on Monday.

If I see it, ill report back .
High as tits
300...*drools all over the place*

the thing is the story in the movie actually happened. 300 spartan warriors held off the Persians long enough for the rest of the greek armies to prepare for invasion, it's what im studying in my world lit class right now
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
Quote by eviledge87

the thing is the story in the movie actually happened. 300 spartan warriors held off the Persians long enough for the rest of the greek armies to prepare for invasion, it's what im studying in my world lit class right now

Wow, that's cool. I didn't know that other countrie's student's are studying Greek history and mythology at school
Quote by Dinkydaisy

Quote by rockonth
Jackiphone jack paul
Yea, I wish I had learned the basics in elementary school, but my teachers were idiots and didn't put me in the advanced classes, where I knew I belonged.

They were taught all about myth and all that.

I won't be taking World History until next year, but I know a lot about Thermopylae now that I've researched some.

I really need to broaden my knowledge, though.

Saxo-Walrus

I kind of feel embarrassed that some of you guys know more about greek mythology than I do, and I'm a Cypriot.. But it's mostly because I never pay attention in class. It's cool stuff to know tho.
Quote by Dinkydaisy

Quote by rockonth
Jackiphone jack paul
I'm going on Sunday. I really liked Sin City and the concept of this movie seems awesome.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Quote by eviledge87

Keep in mind that you are studying it in your world lit class, so its from the perspective of the record history you are reading (probably Herodotus). Good thing to keep in mind, as just like this film is taking artistic liberties with the history so did the earlier people who recorded the history depending on the form they used to document it (poems, plays, narratives, etc.).

Anyhoo, always take any artistic interpretation of historical events with a grain of salt and enjoy them for what they are, don't take them to heart.
Quote by headbanger408
Looks totally awesome. Frank Miller is always good.

BTW, Sin City owned

+ 100000000

Its looks to have lots of "over the top" special effects though.
Like i saw a trailer clip where the Spartans are stood infront of about 1,000 bodies piled into a wall... I doubt this happened.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Page 1 of 5