just then i had an argument with my stepsister about how hard it is in the music industry. She seems to think it isnt a job, its as easy as blinking, and i quote "dont you think that its stupid that these people go right a song and make millions and millions of dollars when like, anyone could do that" she seems to think that anyone can become a rockstar if you just pick up the guitar and practice for a couple years and BOOM your a millionaire. Im getting a new guitar on the 18th of this month, a Jackson RR3 and i cant stop talking about it, and shes gone, its a waste of money, cos youll get sick of that guitar and just want a bigger louder one and itll just keep going round in circles. Ive just said no! iv always awanted a red flying V, ever since i picked up the guitar, i wanted one like KK Downings, (yes i know he plays gibson but i mean a red flying V) and shes gone you'll just get over it, are you seriously trying to tell me you didnt love the guitar you have now when you first bought it?

I have a starter back piece of shit. i said " NO!!!!!!! ive always hated that piece of shit!" and she didnt believe me. we kept arguing and arguing till my dad told us to shut up cos my step sis didnt know what she was on about and tv was on. So i told her to go listen to Its A Long Way To The Top by AC/DC

so what are your stories?
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
why'd you point her to such a horrible song?

But seriously, not all people get it. Just move on and let it go.
You'll have to ignore it man. At least she doesn't tell you that you'll never make it and that you should just give up. That always kills me, because people who say it clearly don't get what playing music and putting yourself out there is really all about.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
She seriously sounds like one of these "You will be a junkie if you play guitar" old girls
Tell her that from thousands and thousands of musicians, only one gets to be famous. And he has to sacrifice a lot and take a lot of dangers and hard choices.

Quote by Daedelus
why'd you point her to such a horrible song?

But seriously, not all people get it. Just move on and let it go.

Thought the same thing. It's the only ACDC song that I don't love
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

it drives me insane though, atleast it makes me proud to listen to the stuff i listen to.

and whenever shes playing guy sebastian i put motorhead on
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Quote by Rocker_69
it drives me insane though, atleast it makes me proud to listen to the stuff i listen to.

and whenever shes playing guy sebastian i put motorhead on

good for you.

hopefully she turns her music up.
I think he pointed out that song more because of what it's about, not cause it's a good song :P

it's a long way to the top.. of the rock n roll industry.
Originally Posted by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

Quote by Xinlitik
I think he pointed out that song more because of what it's about, not cause it's a good song :P

it's a long way to the top.. of the rock n roll industry.

haha, i figured.

but i was joking too, haha.
my sis is similier in terms of thinking its easy.

although she thinks she rock and roll and want to join aband full of emo wannabes (yes something worse then emo and chav wannabe) who dont understand how music is written... their all soooooo scene it drive me nuts.
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
I think many of us (as musicians and a mere hobby) understand how hard it is to make it into the music business. For a lot of us, just sitting around and playing guitar with the bros is all we'll ever need for satisfaction. Getting to the top of the world in music is a hard one. Even those that make it are never totally in the clear. Many bands are recruited by record companies merely just for the fact that it's a fad, though wrong, it makes money. But after that many bands struggle just as before.

So all I can say for you is just keep strumming and just don't take what she says to heart. But just like you said, she's ignorant of music business. All that means is she doesn't know. It's just like you not knowing a certain subject in school. So just move on and don't take it personally.
the thing about music is that you dont need luck to be successful if what you want is just to be involved and happy.

it's not that hard to be comfortable if you focus on your local scene.

like me, i'm going to move to Oklahoma City with a friend of mine in a few years and start a label, nothing big but we'll be comfortable.

that's success.