what are some good pickups for a fender deluxe p-bass (the active one, with jazz pup and active eq). i was looking at the quarter pounds. im planning on using the p-pickup for metallica stuff, basically pick style. and the j-pickup for rhcp and finger style playing. im not interested in active pickups.

like the j pickup sound like the one in snow and stuff. and the p to be bassy and punchy
Quote by musicmanstinger
Try some Status pick ups they are by far the best active bass pick ups i have ever used.

http://www.status-graphite.com/status/carts3/frames/frame1.htm

They ship to vitually any where.

I love how you completely ignored TS's post.

Anyway, 1/4 Pounds are a great way to go for those styles of music, I certainly recommend them.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Quote by canadianpunk071
I love how you completely ignored TS's post.

Anyway, 1/4 Pounds are a great way to go for those styles of music, I certainly recommend them.

X2, also perhaps the basslines lightning rods?
I've said this on other posts: you gotta check out those Fender Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pickups! As far as I'm concerned, they're the best Jazz pups I've ever heard. They do, however, come in sets of 2.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..