id like to get a new guitar. it needs to have a humbucker in the bridge but can have either a humbucker or a single in the neck. i have about 200 pounds (sterling) but can go about £50 above that if the guitar is worth it.

i play Hard Rock, Punk, Indie, funk, and some blues for fun. if it can do these it would be great. cheers.
post back what you like look of and what caught your eye
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
As I usually tell people, if it's your first guitar, simply go to a guitar store, ask for a patch cord if they aren't lying around, and grab a guitar that catches your eye and plug it into a practice amp and try it out. Play it for about 15 minutes, and move on to another one. Try out 4 or 5 guitars. Usually one of them will jump out at you. If a guy from the store asks if you want help, I'd actually tell him no, and just keep plugging away. A lot of the time a guy from the store will realize you don't know much, and just try to sell you something. If you try them out for yourself until you find one you really like, even it's not the best guitar in the world for the price you're spending, you'll definitely enjoy it more because you picked it out and you liked the sound.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
^Exactly. Less of the brand name snobbery
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
this is true, unless of course your friends work there,in that case you generally get a discount, im not sure if they have Guitar Centers in England but those stores have a grat selection of all musical needed for a band, if you can find 1 go to it, and normally the guys that work there are nice and won't rip you off
i like the look of the Schecter tempest Extreme, it is down to 250quid at sound control. or the Epiphone SG. the squire custom tele looks nice.
nah we dont have guitar centres
we do have alot of guitar shops though
only bad thing is its hard to find what you want in most places
they all sell fenders gibsons epis squiers etc
but then only certain sell schecters, some sell prs's, some sell ibanez's some sell b.c rich's etc
its hard to find a big guitar shop that sells basically anything.

there are places like that but not many
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Schecter s-1
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Westfield Bass
all good choices actually
the squier 72 custom is a nice guitar, im not a fan of tele's but i would buy either a squier tele custom or a fender tele custom.

if its the g310 or g-400 sg then yeah they're good as well

and i think the tempest are good for the price

for the style you are after i'd say any of them would do you

go try them out, i might have a look down the stockton sound control today or tomorrow aint been in while
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Schecter s-1
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Westfield Bass
pacifica's are good guitars, would suit your style.
like i said go down to sound control and have a jam on them.

dont let the guys plug it into a £1200 mesa because you will sound amazing get home plug it into a crap practice amp and sound bad.
theyve done that to me before but if im messing about i dont care but when i start getting serious about a guitar i say can i plug it into a spider because i own that amp
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Schecter s-1
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Westfield Bass
I think Pacificas are nice guitars, tried another Yamaha before (a starter pack one) and it played really well. The Squire Custom Tele might be nice too, can't comment on it though because I haven't tried it out before.

Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr