Page 1 of 4

The sun in all its glory

Me, 18 years younger

I'm usually a winter person although I don't mind summer with the exception of the occassional hayfever illness. Well, i'm completely stoked for summer this year and I think i've had enough of the British winters, especially the last once. I'm really looking forward to the summer seasons since it's already getting pretty hot outside even during March (when we should really be getting rain and galeforce winds) - well that's global warming for you.

I still remember when you would say, "do you remember the summer of 1998?" and you would always get a reply of, "pfft, what summer?" Well, that's not true anymore. Britain is set to be the hottest it has ever been this year and apparently (according to BBC Weather forcasters), it's only going to get hotter, year by year.

Love summer, hate it? I want to hear your view Brits. Of course, foreigners are welcome to join us.

EDIT: Holy Crap, you know how much I love those sunsets. Summer sunsets are gorgeous, much better than winter ones.

EDIT2: See page 7 for update @ 07-04-08
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Apr 7, 2008,
Warmer this year?

Don't know wether to cheer or cry...

then again, i'm loving the warm weather at the moment, after how cold its been
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Nice change of avatar. I miss your Mandy Moore one.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I actually prefer the cold weather. With cold you can just put an extra layer on and then you are comfortable again, but with warmth you can only take off so many clothes...

pepsi
Quote by Harmonius
Nice change of avatar. I miss your Mandy Moore one.

I still love how i get the back end of a few mods jokes

Quote by metaldud536

I'm from Canada, but I find every year there is a minor increase in the summer's temperature it seems. I'm not a giant fan of being really freakin' hot all the time, so I don't look forward to it too much, but I'm definitely getting tired of getting buried in snow.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
The summer is more than welcome, however after/if global warming reaches a certain stage Scotland is only going to get colder as the gulf stream will be disrupted. But hey at least we're not gonna have big water shortages like the South of England
...Bleep Bloop...
i saw in britain you have to savour every minute of sunshine, i love it.
i always find it puts me in a better mood too, everyone seems happier with sunnier weather...
Quote by GHJ
The summer is more than welcome, however after/if global warming reaches a certain stage Scotland is only going to get colder as the gulf stream will be disrupted. But hey at least we're not gonna have big water shortages like the South of England

I got a letter from Thames Water a while ago saying they were going to switch off my water supply for 6 hours due to leakages. If that happens during the summer, I will cry.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

This thread makes me smile.

Good way to start the day
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Quote by Harmonius

I got a letter from Thames Water a while ago saying they were going to switch off my water supply for 6 hours due to leakages. If that happens during the summer, I will cry.

North-west water > joo!

Quote by metaldud536

I actually agree. London water supply is terrible. In Chelsea, the water is milky white. And I agree, this thread does make me smile and I can't wait for the holidays, the sun, the uni work, blargh.., the people are nicer and I can stop wearing black clothes to conserve heat and start wearing check flannel again.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

^^Yea. summer weather makes everyone cheery. except when you're stuck in work and its boiling

^what the **** happened to spring?

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Harmonius
I actually agree. London water supply is terrible. In Chelsea, the water is milky white. And I agree, this thread does make me smile and I can't wait for the holidays, the sun, the uni work, blargh.., the people are nicer and I can stop wearing black clothes to conserve heat and start wearing check flannel again.

Yeah the water in London is absolutely disgusting! So glad I don't have to drink it Although to be fair Glasgows water is pretty rank too. My parents house in the Highlands had really nice tap water though.
...Bleep Bloop...
The water in cheshire isn't brilliant, but i've definately had better.

typically, if its a nice distance from a large town/city, the waters generally better.

Quote by metaldud536

But the scottish have quite a few Water sources, like Highland and Caladonian water. We have **** all. I live in the Suburbs of London but the water still isn't all that great, since we're officially, "London" too.

And Indie, Spring officially never happened LOL. I never noticed it. My fucking Cactus died on me...
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Years ago I heard that the water in London was so processed that by the time it got to you on average it had already been through seven households/people. This could be utter bullshit though, perhaps someone could shed light on the situation. And on topic, Glasgows still a bit cold, but we're getting a fair bit more sun recently.
...Bleep Bloop...
Not quite sure about the water GHJ but it's 14 degrees outside here in London although it feels like 20.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I can't wait for this summer. I'm goin to Canada for all of it Can anyone tell me what kind of weather I should expect in Toronto during summer?

btw, how'd you get the name changed Harmy?

Quote by Witch-king
I can't wait for this summer. I'm goin to Canada for all of it Can anyone tell me what kind of weather I should expect in Toronto during summer?

btw, how'd you get the name changed Harmy?

Lucky shit. I wish I went to Canada. It got changed because Wahappen let me. But keep in mind username changes are usually impossible to change. It happens only 1% of the time. I suppose it's also how good a mood he's in.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Can't wait!. I was just thinking this morning that the weather was warm and felt like the start of summer.
« »
Quote by Burpin'Worm
Can't wait!. I was just thinking this morning that the weather was warm and felt like the start of summer.

Okay..is everyone stealing Frenchy's avatar? You, Indie etc LOL? And I agree, it's getting pretty hot outside and it's only officially 14 degrees. When Summer comes, crap, I wonder what 27 degrees feels like.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Woo!Yay!
It's not summer untill the 25th of march. Offically in Britan.

Summer starts in June.

Youre thinking of spring
It's not spring yet?

I suppose I should have realised since I haven't seen any blossom or new leaves.
« »
I have always been a winter person, but for soem reason this year I cant wait for the summer, I walked the library today and it was nice and warm and it was really nice.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
i thought spring started about a week ago??!
Bono: "Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

Audience member: "Well, f*cking stop it then!"
Bring on the sun!!

I prefer it hot and sunny to grim and miserable, but i really NEED a summer this year.

Last year there was the Footbal World Cup Finals, so i didn't get much sun then. I thought i'd make up for it after the Final.... only to break my collar bone and be house-bound for the rest of the summer.

30c + broken body - social life = One sad panda.
i don't give a **** about combat18
Quote by mortiis999
You forgot Spring

I remebered it:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523283

I can't wait for summer anyways, I've been wanting to do some thing for ages now!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
What does everyone love best about summer? The gorgeous sunsets and warm (not hot) evening weather does it for me.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

usually i don't like summer much because i dislike hot weather, but i have to say, lying around in the sun in the park drinking wine and reading is a lot more fun that i remember it being.

plus i like some of the summer clothes in the shops more than my bank account does <.<
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by Harmonius
What does everyone love best about summer? The gorgeous sunsets and warm (not hot) evening weather does it for me.

Yes! Also, warm winds, blue sky, birds singing, being able to go out and photograph in the middle of the night without getting frostbites, surfing, taking a boatride with some friends to an island in the middle of the lake and barbeque, running, bicycling... e.t.c.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Of course, the warm slow winds and blue skies are great. Walking home has never been more pleasant. I love walking home when there's a sunset.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Personally I'm looking forward to driving without my hands getting frostbite on the steering wheel.

One of the best days in the year is the day you can set outside for a jaunt and be comfortably warm in just shorts and a t-shirt. Roll on that day!
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Page 1 of 4