So the time has come, Ive got 1000 dollars credit at musiciansfriend and I want a new toy . Basically I wanted some electronic drums but after only getting 1000 credit I dont want to buy a cheaper set and not be satisfied down the road. So now I have decided to get a guitar or a amp and a few pedals. The music I play is mostly, metalish stuff, blues, but good cleans and classick rockish distortion are important though so I guess something versitle. Which would you people suggest I get?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-YCV80Q-Custom-Valve-4x10-Combo-Amp?sku=480962

or

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-EC1000-Electric-Guitar?sku=516629

In black cherry with emgs.

Currently I have a rg350dx and a peavy valveking 112. I would also be selling the amp if I buy one. And a lil mt-2 distortion pedal. I relized that this amp is not close to a high gain metal amp, but I can get a overdrive pedal to get it up there a little, But from the samples on the site it sounds amazing, and i love the features of both the amp and guitar.
Amp
Quote by nick dixon
Mine usally takes about 40-50mins. Just leave it while you do somthing else. What you choose to do in 40 minutes is completley up to you, but I usally carve small aniamls made from pieces of coal.

Whos takes 50minutes? seriously
ya, get a new amp.
my band

ESP LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Squier Fat Strat

Peavey EVH 5150
Peavey XXX Head
Roland Cube 30
Carvin 4x12 Cab
B-52 4x12 Cab

Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
EH Big Muff Pi (Russian)
hmm, I hate RG guitars, so i'd go with the guitar :p

How does this amp compare with the one you've got? This brand of amps isn't one i'm familiar with
Hmm, your Valveking is actually an alright amp. With that amount of money you'd probably be best off getting a new guitar before the Edge on the guitar wears down.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Get the a electric drumset. That Roland one for $1000 is of good quality.

KaPow!
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I was going to, but It would be 1019.99 with shipping which is over my limit . Im not sure if I can pay the other 20 on a different credit card or something, maybe my mom would know though.

This amp has alot better clean sound then my amp from diffrent clips I have heard. Distortion seems to be better without any pedals than mine, and alot more headroom in the volume.

EDIT:

I also have 200 cash, that will be spent at guitar center this weekend on a few effects if i get a guitar/amp or double bass pedal, sticks, throne, etc if i end up getting drums (unlikly but possible) if that makes a differance.

And also, my trem is blocked. It's cheap but it holds its tuning and im not using it so its not going to wear down.
Last edited by gsr2k6 at Mar 8, 2007,
Yes you can pay the $20 with something else .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
It seems like you just got a new credit card, I would probably consider waiting until you have the money instead of maxxing out a credit card.. Just trying to help you out in the long run.
I got the credit card for the specific purpose of buying a new instrument. 12 months no intrest sounds like the time to use a credit card