I posted this thread over in the Musician's talk thread, and maybe it should have belonged here.

I'm just starting to get a band together; me on guitar, a bass and a drum (the only good local keyboardist from our school graduated last year... he goes to Maine and We're in CT ). We're going to do only instrumental stuff for now as we can't decide what kind of singer we want. So far I'm going to see if we can cover:

OSI- The New Math (what he said)
Porcupine Tree- Wedding Nails

Any other suggestions? (oh yeah, and it would be helpful if some of the stuff was maybe on the easier side, we're not too experienced)
Quote by Mazzakazza
Play Meshuggah. It is the solution.
Try some of the slower Satriani stuff...Starry Night...Always With Me, Always With You...A Love Eternal...
Slash rules.....
Scarified.............?

EDIT: sorry i didn't read the "not too experienced part" and scarified seems pretty hard.
My Gear:

Ibanez Prestige 1570L
LH Fender Standard Stratocaster Arctic White
Ibanez Gax 70L
Roland Cube 30X
Vox V847 Wah
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver Pedal

RedSox are better than you.
Last edited by JStone233 at Mar 8, 2007,
i agree with the guy who suggested starry night. very easy and beutiful
Quote by bearded_monkey
Everytime I go into the guitar shop and ask for a G-String the shopkeeper always makes that TERRIBLE joke about it not being an underwear shop

So next time I go in I'm gonna ask for a thong
^Kinda bland to me........

Satch songs, Hands in The Air, Oriental Melody, You Saved My Life......

Or..... you could just cover a classic song......
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
YYZ by RUSH!!

Your bassist and drummer will also need to work on it abit though :P
CANON ROCK!11 *hides*... glasgow kiss?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Red by King Crimson isn't too bad, just a few odd time sigs that feel pretty natural. I'm not sure about how tough the drums are, though.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Listen to this. It's a compliment of Jazz, Country and Shred. Brad Paisley, he's perfect.

Time Warp (He goes a lot faster progressively)
Munster Rag (He goes a lot faster progressively - after the first minute, he goes crazy)

Links to come. He's not really a shred artist. He's a country artist but he can definitely shred the hell out of his guitar.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Mar 22, 2007,