Don't know whether this question has been asked or if its in the right place but...

Can i fit a bigbsy b-7 tremolo system to my Epiphone Les Paul Plus top?

EDIT: without drilling or damaging my guitar?
Last edited by L_Buckingham at Mar 8, 2007,
i dont think so. most bigsbys require you to drill at least like 2 holes i think, and then especially on your lp, youll have to remove the stop tail piece. i think thats how it goes. im pretty sure. i was looking into it too.
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
well removing the stop tail shouldn't be a problem... doesnt the bigsby fit into the holes of were the stop tail goes?
Nope. You will have to drill two holes next to your bottom strap button.
Get a Stetsbar instead: no routing and keeps tune well.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
no i want a bigsby because of the looks... dont like the look of the stetsbar.... so i guess fitting a bigsby to a les paul is irriversible (unless you like a lot of holes in your guitar).
Quote by L_Buckingham
no i want a bigsby because of the looks... dont like the look of the stetsbar.... so i guess fitting a bigsby to a les paul is irriversible (unless you like a lot of holes in your guitar).

more or less, yep. Just get a professional qualified guitar tech to do it if youre nervous. there's some grounding involved... best to have it done right.
well, i've heard that you dont need to screw the tail piece in were your strap button is. and that you only need to hook the hole in the tail piece over the strap button???

any way apart from the tail piece is there any more holes that need to be drilled? Does the bigsby fit into the tail piece holes?
no, the tailpiece bushings are removed, and the bigsby is layed over the body, and two new holes are drilled in the top of the guitar, as well as a few around the back strap button. its a fairly major surgery. additionally, i'd recommend a rollerbridge-- you can get one on ebay for like 30 bucks. they just keep things in tune easier and cut down on string snappage.
Les Paul Black Beauty Custom 3 Pickup
Bigsby B7g vibrato
3 EMG's 85/81/85

Martin D-28