OK!

so tomorrow im going to a music store which is 2 hours away from my place, its huge, and they have alot of good gear and better prices than the junk i have around here.

Anyway, im hoing to be going with ALMOST 700 dollars, and if i can find a new amp, id sure as hell like to buy it because my amp at the moment has got good cleans, but distortion is horrible.

I play metal (Iced Earth, Metallica, Megadeth, Black Sabbath, stuff like these guys), and I also dabble in blues

Cleans arent a big deal to me.

So reccomend me an amp i should look to try out thats 700 dollars or under

kthxbai.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

if you have an amp that produces good cleans have you considered getting a distortion pedal rather than a new amp? it'd be alot cheaper
I have a cheap ibanez pedal and a Zoom 505II pedal, and the metal tones are just not good enough pour moi.

PLus the amp has a really loud buzzing and it makes noises that i dont like. Its just not a metal amp, afaik its a starter samick amp that came with a somewhat shitty samick guitar like 11 years ago.

EDIT: I knew i forgot to mention something. its in CAD!

so that amp is way out of my range
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Last edited by The_Hell_Patrol at Mar 8, 2007,
better get a new amp then

I don't know how good recommendations are gonna be here. When money is a problem all you can really do is go to the shop, see what they got in your price range, try em out, if nothing fiits you save up more money.

Sounds like a Mesa Boogie or Laney would suit you pretty well, but a proper decent Valve amp may be out of your price range.

Depends if you're willing to settle for Solid State, you don't state preference for valve/solid state
Cause ive never tried a valve

the only amps the shop carries around here are Marshall MG's, and hes got one Laney half stack but its like 800 bucks and its solid state.

I dont gig, but i do want an amp that can be heard over drums/other guitars, so if you can reccommend a somewhat low what tube amp thats high gain, or a decent SS, go for it.

im hoping to try a tube tomorrow
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I dont gig, but i do want an amp that can be heard over drums/other guitars, so if you can reccommend a somewhat low what tube amp thats high gain, or a decent SS, go for it.

A 15W tube amp should be enough power for you then.

I bought the Crate Palomino for my son, the V16, and I think it's got plenty of gain, although maybe not "metal" gain. Still, with a pedal, I think you could get really close to what you're looking for. People play metal with a Blues Jr, and I think the Crate has more gain than that.

Traynor's a Canadian company, isn't it? Maybe look at their smaller products, too. They have a nice Marshall-sounding combo out of your price range, but one of their smaller amps might fit the bill, and be a better buy than it would be below the 49th parallel.

I definitely recommend tube. Even if a SS amp has what you're looking for today in the store, I expect you'll eventually get sick of it. If you have to go solid state, you can look at Randall amps. They do make a nice metal product.

Thing is, I just expect everyone to out grow their metal phase eventually...

When you do, you'll really appreciate tone more. Or vice versa. But it'll happen.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Yeah i was looking at the Palomino or something, and im not :"omgz metal is teh elittez0rz everyfin else sux!1!!1!!" I do appreciate the blues and whatnot and mellow out and just play clean witha bit of reverb, but that doesnt happenn all the time, so cleans are just kinda meh for me...Im definatly going ot try a Roland Cube to see all the hype about them, and do my best to find a tube amp within my price range that i can try out, and see what else they have
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn