Poll: ???
Poll Options
View poll results: ???
Ec 500 White
34 52%
Ec 400 Tobaco Sunburst
31 48%
Voters: 65.
I play everything from Metal or blues to classic rock.
I need a guitar with good distortion and will also have good cleans.
The only thing im not liking about the Ltd-400 is that it has 22 frests but then again will i really need that extra 2 frets.
I can use my ibanez Rg is i need the 24 frets.

The price for the guitars is the same..

Set-Neck / 24.75”
Mahogany
3-Pc. Mahogany / Rosewood
Earvana Compensated / 42mm
Thin U Neck
Flags Inlays
24 XJ
Tune-o-matic w/ Stop Tailpiece
EMG 81 (B) / 60 (N) Active

Set-Neck / 24.75”
Mahogany w/ Flamed Maple Top
3-Pc. Mahogany / Rosewood
Earvana Compensated / 42mm
22 XJ
Tune-o-matic w/ Stop Tailpiece
Seymour Duncan JB (B) / ’59 Set
Last edited by crzywhiteboy at Mar 8, 2007,
I would go with the LTD, they feel better when you play them, the pickup set is more diversified for a range of sounds, and why do you need those extra two frets anyways?
the sunburst one definatly!! bit of a no brainer from my percpective, looks so much better
The burst one is probably the most versatile.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo Head
Mesa 412 slant cab
Monster Power Pro 2500 Power Conditioner
TC Electronic G-Force
SKG Rack Case
Yamaha acoustic
The EC-400 is more versatile, but if you play lots of metal you should probably get the EC-500 (which I think looks better; I'm not a big flamed maple fan and white guitars are sexy!).

KaPow!
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
The whites pretty, sunburst will be far more versatile for me and is still well pretty.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
sunburst
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
Wow didnt think i was gone get this much help..
Ty all im still not sure which to get.
Need about 2 more pay checks before i can get it anyway..
they're so similar its really which you prefer the look of and if you're bothered about having 2 extra frets.

but then i notice the pick ups are different. hmm, so its an active/passive question also
EC-400, because although the EC-500 will have a great metal tone with EMG'S, it will suck total ass at everything else.

Plus the EC-400 looks amazing.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
The EC-400. It's awesome.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Sunburst, I would have picked white if it didnt show dust so easily
Theyre both beautiful guitars. i voted white but now that i realize the pickup difference then maybe the tobacco
Trendiness!
ESP Eclipse II
Gibson Explorer
Ibanez RG2610e
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
^if you want 24 frets, why not look at guitars with 24 frets?

a Washburn X50 pro will do everything that you are looking for. it will run you about 600 dollars.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Tobacco Sunburst because it looks awesome and it won't show every speck of dirt and grime.
if you play mostly metal than go for the EC-500, the 81-60 EMG combo is way nice
I voted ESP LTD EC-400 purely off of aesthetics

They are both going to sound good clean and distorted. The tone is what is different from EMG's or Duncans.

The set in the EC-400 are going to sound thick and clean when the gain is lower, and have a fat dynamic sound when dirty.

The EMG's are going to sound thin but dark when the gain is low, and have an extremly tight percussive sound when dirty.

Play em both, you're the one thats going to have to live with that guitar for a few years not us.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio