Is it good to buy a guitar from them?

I'm a bit scared on spending 600+ bucks on a guitar online, without trying it first. But I guess the double guarantee thing is pretty good.

I'm planning on getting this : http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EC400-Electric-Guitar?sku=516662

Anyone have any knowledge on that guitar? I've heard it has bad cleans, but I mostly play metal.
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
I wouldn't buy an LTD. You can find a better Ibanez in the same price range.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
eh, LTD makes good guitars so I wouldn't let the company limit your choices on some viable options.
mydadisjewish = avatar stealer
I used to want one of those guitar, but no shop around carries them, so I ended up getting something else instead. Everything I've bought from Musiciansfriend though was in perfect ondition when I got it. So you can pretty much trust them, though there is always the off chance that something will go wrong.

P.S. Don't let anyone say "don't get that, get an Ibanez" because Ibanez fans think no other guitar could ever touch an Ibanez, which isn't true whatsoever. I own Ibanez guitars and I find Epiphone's to be better. I've heard only good things about LTDs though. So it could be a great guitar.
my friend has that same guitar and i play it all the time...its a good sounding guitar but it sounds awful on clean....disorted its great....and about the LTD VS Ibanez....ESP LTD kick ibanez in the crotch when it comes to guitars....you have to spend a shitload of money on an ibanez to get a good one...when you can spend a 150 on a LTD and get a good guitar....im sorry....ive owned both but thats the truth...i had an RG350ex from Ibanez....a 400 dollar guitar...and then i bought an LTD H-50 for only 200.00 bucks and it kicks my ibanez's ass all the way to hell...Keep looking into ESP LTD though...they make great guitars....
whats the diff between a set neck and a bolt on? a set neck is glued into the body?
Larrivée D-03R
Ok heres the deal, you havent played it....so no. Dont buy it....go find one and play then go to musicians friend.

Also merfsullivan is right. Dont let somebody tell you an entire company sucks. Not every guitar is for everyone. And not every guitar company is for everyone. Try it...DO NOT buy it until you've tried it.
^Agreed, atleast try to get your hands on a similar LTD with the same neck spec, since you may end up liking it or despising it. LTD is surely quality guitars, but it's very important to have a guitar that feels right to you, and that's just purely preference.
Musicians Friend is perfectly safe, I have ordered many things from them and never a problem. Also if you dont like the guitars generally its a no questions asked typed thing for 30 days so if you dont like it just send it back and try something else. Esp ltd series 400 and up are for the most part very nice guitars.
Musicians Friend is perfectly safe to order from. I bought an ESP EC-1000 which cost over 800 dollars and it arrived perfectly, no scratches or anything and it was set up perfect. And when it comes to Ibanez v.s. ESP LTD, Esp kicks the shit out Ibanez. Even ESP LTD's low end guitars such as the 50 series, kick ass and sound awesome. I own three ESP's and thats all use.
~Metal Up Your @$$~ \m/
Once again....you cant say that ESP is better than Ibanez. They are both respected company's and make good guitars. Its all a matter of preference. Now if we were comparing ESP to First Act it would be a different story.
There's too much bias in this house!!!

I say go try em out for yourself and I reccomend getting a 500 considering it has an archtop.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
to the people who have bought from muscians friend, are any of you from canada, meaning did they ship it to canada
Larrivée D-03R
Quote by mEtAlORc
to the people who have bought from muscians friend, are any of you from canada, meaning did they ship it to canada

I'm pretty sure only some items ship to Canada.
It says on the item "Ships to Canada". If it doesn't have that I don't think it can ship it to Canada.
I have that same guitar except with EMGs. Its an awesome guitar. The JB/59' set should sound good for metal. Its the got the Earvana nut, which helps for solos high up on the neck. Its light too, but still sounds pretty chunky. The set neck helps add warmth as well.

Anyways, its a very solid guitar. LTD, IMO, makes some of the better guitars in their pricerange.

And yeah, dont let these Ibanez faggots sit here and tell you "Dont get an LTD, get an Ibanez" because theyre retarded and they think Ibanez guitars are the end all instrument.
/rant.
Aye, what Andy said

I have it too. It's sounds good, and for cleans, just switch to neck pup and you're good
Plays great, solid (and I'm fairly clumsy with my guitars) and the finish has held up well.
It's a solid instrument, sounds good, and plays good. But you also want to wait for the archtops coming out soon too.
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50
Jcm 800 (to be replaced soon)

BIG
Quote by Jinskee
There's too much bias in this house!!!

I say go try em out for yourself and I reccomend getting a 500 considering it has an archtop.

You of all people talking about baised people makes me think. Silly Mr Orange! Your kind of famous for that now lol.
^

Oh, touch'e.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R