Page 1 of 2
i have a marshall avt150h half stack, one of their lower lines. sounds good, 150 watts solid state. pawn shop here has a fender twin reverb 65 watt tube. he'll trade me straight up. sound like a good trade?
Do it before he sobers up!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
what style's do you play mostly?

if you play mostly funky, bluesy clean stuff then it would be worth while...
do it quick, before he realises how dumb he is!
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
It would be worthwhile whatever you play!

Twin Reverb pwns a hell of a lot of amps, I think Jimi used one at one point, and it's 85w all tube. It'll deafen you, it'll be a hellova lot louder than your AVT.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Dont Ask!!!! Do It!!!!!!!
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
go for it thats a great deal!!!!!
Quote by yawn
Don't tell anyone, but I like to kill Smurfs.

Gear:
Fender special edition lite ash tele
Sound City 30w tube amp
GCB-95 crybaby MODDED!
TU100
CE3
OD3
EHX Little Big Muff
DS2
Get It!
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes etc.

Make sure its genuine first!
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

i just went and took a closer look at that fender. it's a twin reverb 2. 105 watts rms. it's older and a little banged up but all cosmetic. it has two channels. they're both clean and the second channel will go to overdrive by pulling out the mid knob. well, this worked for about 2 seconds. the guy told me to give him the weekend with it to try and get it right. my question is: i've never heard of a Twin Reverb II. is that still a good one?
well theyre expensive and these guys are all telling you to do it so my guess would be that it is very good
Just go!
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by J_J
my question is: i've never heard of a Twin Reverb II. is that still a good one?

It's awesome! Even better than I originally thought. The "II" series is from the couple years ('82-84) that Paul Rivera was getting things back on track at Fender. That's when my amp was made, too. Great f&^kin' amp, man! These were designed to compete directly with Mesa Boogies. I've seen my amp going for over $700 on eBay, the one you're looking at is much bigger. Point to point hand wired. These amps are just starting to get their notice. Gotta do it just for the value. I'd take it as is right to a decent amp tech.

Do not hesitate! Even if the amp didn't turn on, you'd be ripping him off. He has no idea what he has.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by J_J
alrighty then. that's what i was thinking too

i love how subdued your response is after everyone tellin you youre getting an AMAZING deal. funny stuff.

Bill Gates: Hey do you want a Billion dollars?
You:O.K.

<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Must warn you though, it's a loud amp, and it's valve so you'll need to have it loud to sound its best.
Don't be afraid to care"

ok sweet. well maybe he'll get it working and i won't have to do anything. any suggestions on what kind of tubes to get? (on an economic budget) i play hard rock and classic rock mostly. no death metal or anything. i'm playing a les paul and like the sound slash gets for distortion. the clean channels on it are awesome like they are but like i said it's old and i'm sure it could use new tubes.
Well unless you can play it rediculously loud so it'll naturally OD, you could try out a load of OD pedals and choose one or 2 you like.
Don't be afraid to care"

i've got a little effects processor, a cheap one but has some good sounds. it always hummed through my marshall so i never use it. i'm kinda dumb to pedals. been playing most of my life and i normally have amps with good sounds.
\m/(>_<\m/
ROCK ON!!

Fender Stratocaster Standard
Fender Twin Reverb II 105 Watts
Takamine EG-330 cutaway elec/acoustic
Ibanez Demon Wah Pedal
Various Effect Pedals
Are you kidding me? The Fender Twin Reverb is a legendary amp. I don't think anything surpasses it when it comes to clean tones. Definitely trade your hybrid thingie for it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
About your processor...
Throw it away! A good amp deserves good pedals driving it!
Don't be afraid to care"

A clean booster like the Ibanez Tube Screamer (Also OD pedal) or the BBE Boosta Grande I heard is good. And the Twin Reverb is a clean tone Legend. Lucky Bastard.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
well since the o/d didn't work i don't know what the amp will sound like dry. hopefully i'll be happy like it is and just use my cry baby when i need to

i'll check out the rat
\m/(>_<\m/
ROCK ON!!

Ibanez Demon Wah Pedal
Various Effect Pedals
Quote by buzz
i love how subdued your response is after everyone tellin you youre getting an AMAZING deal. funny stuff.

Bill Gates: Hey do you want a Billion dollars?
You:O.K.

lol. yeah my wife hates that
\m/(>_<\m/
ROCK ON!!

Ibanez Demon Wah Pedal
Various Effect Pedals
Quote by J_J
lol. yeah my wife hates that

Wife: Honey,im pregnant!!
You: good....

ok enough spam....
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

it's in....uh....iran....yeah....that's the ticket
\m/(>_<\m/
ROCK ON!!

Ibanez Demon Wah Pedal
Various Effect Pedals
You asshole, jumping from AVT to Twin reverb .

I would get rid of the multieffect thing ASAP, in fact i would not let it withing a perimeter of 5 meters to the amp.

I would get an Ibanez TS808 for that amp.
I would get two Keeley modded TS-9s. 1 modded to the Baked mod and 1 modded to the Plus mod. The Baked is set up for rhythm and the Plus is set up for lead. Step on them both for endless sustain.

However, gigging with this rig is dangerous. There is bound to be a guitarist (like me) in the audience and sees your set up and in an insane rage take your guitar, hit you over the head with it and runs off with your pedals and amp...not that I would do that...serriously, no way man...
I would get rid of the multieffect thing ASAP, in fact i would not let it withing a perimeter of 5 meters to the amp.

I just loved that comment.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
ye, do you have it yet?
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by slatsmania
Do it before he sobers up!

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2