Page 1 of 2
As some of you may or may not know, I will be getting a Orange tiny terror very soon, however, i'm not for paying the price for a orange cab.

So my quest has been to find a cab that I can match with my TT.

Today, I took 20 minutes to look around second hand/music shop. I found a few things that interested me, but sometimes turned out to be something useless.

The owner pointed me in the direction some Carlsbro cabs. There was two but I'm guessing I don't need to use both. Here are the notes I put into my phone, sorry if they are a little brief or dont make sense.

" Carlsbro 8 ohms 2 speakers, serial # 108168 , 100 watt. Poor condition but can easily be fixed with a new covering and external hardware."

The owner was looking for £50 for on cab. Is this reasonable? Is there anyway of finding out what cab this is? Would it be suitable for a Tiny Terror?

Thanks alot

Danny.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
Lol, 13 views but no help. Sorry for moaning.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

^^

what speakers are inside it?
I'm guessing that it'll be like my combo (Carlsbro GLX100)
that the speakers are Celestion designed (Powertone) speakers

if it's a real Celestion then it's good...
a solid choice of cab is Framus CS212 its got two Vintage 30s (proper Celestions).
it might be a bit excessive for your needs though

http://www.thomann.de/ie/framus_fr212_cs_cb.htm
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Next time I go to the shop I will ask them to open it up for me and see whats inside it.

Unfortunately, the framus is too dear for me. I'm looking for under £100 for the cab.

EDIT: the cab is quite old, but i'm not sure how old, is there anyway of seeing what cab this actually is somewhere on the net?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

take a look at Carlsbro's home page and see through their ala "Vintage guest Pics"...
I'm not sure about the title but they are showing their old amps and stuff there...

They have like 6 pictures, and non are it. But there is something similar that seems to look like another cab I saw, which is a amp in the picture.

Any other ways?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

^^

I can't think of anything more man sorry...

just look at it inside when you get the chance...

I'll try and go back up again tommorow or at the weekend. I'll also get a picture of the cab aswell.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Last edited by Lordoflax at Mar 8, 2007,
So I went back today, what a waste lol, she wouldn't let me open it. She said it will be either unmarked speakers or carlsbro. But I don't think she really knew. I think I might get it when Ive got my amp just to test it.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

^^

well yeah you can (I guess) test it out with the amp before buying it just to be sure
if it sounds good to you...

saaaaaaaaaaave for the orange cab :p

i can guess not much, but roughly whats your budget?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
laney has a 1x12 around £100, I think... I have no idea if it's any good or not, though. Bear in mind, skimping too much on the cab is generally not too much of a good idea...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thing is, I could probably save a bit of money. If I can sell my amp and the pedals I don't want, with the money from my birthday. I could get around £350. I need to think of a way for more money. Ive applied for a music shop job, not got back in touch yet.

What I don't want to happen, is me having the amp and not being able to play it.

Danny.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Would it be cheaper for me to just build one?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Quote by Lordoflax
Thing is, I could probably save a bit of money. If I can sell my amp and the pedals I don't want, with the money from my birthday. I could get around £350. I need to think of a way for more money. Ive applied for a music shop job, not got back in touch yet.

What I don't want to happen, is me having the amp and not being able to play it.

Danny.

I'd rather have that happen temporarily, than blow my money on something cheap, and have to wait even longer for a decent cab. You see it quite often, where people will get a great head, match it with a crappy cab, and then think the amp is at fault for not sounding great. Don't underestimate the importance of quality speakers, materials, and craftsmenship/design.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
I'd rather have that happen temporarily, than blow my money on something cheap, and have to wait even longer for a decent cab. You see it quite often, where people will get a great head, match it with a crappy cab, and then think the amp is at fault for not sounding great. Don't underestimate the importance of quality speakers, materials, and craftsmenship/design.

That has give me real encouragement to get a good cab. Now, if I was looking to buy some decent speakers, what is the minimum I could pay?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

on ebay Celestion vintage 30s are £56 a peice. Is there anything that is similar but cheaper?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Quote by beckyjc
http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm
Here's a pretty cheap cab, loaded with v30s, decent speakers, but its made from plywood.
But for that cheap, I wouldn't expect anything fantastic.

yeah, i think you aren't meant to run them at too high sound pressure levels or something... doesn't sound too good...

http://www.loudspeaker.co.uk/ they do them for £50 inc. postage... that's about as cheap as I've seen them. watford valves had a deal on them for £40 after Christmas, but that might have finished, and you'd have to add postage.

you can get good eminence speakers for around £40 here too: http://www.bluearan.co.uk/menu/index.php?browsemode=manufacturer&manufacturer=Eminence the governor is the v30, the wizard the g12h30, and the private jack the greenback (g12m).

that framus 2x12 going for £200 on thomann might be an idea... haven't tried it, but on paper it's good, and framus are generally pretty well-respected, far as I know.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Make sure the impedences match too, is the TT's 16 or 8?

And you could get the Orange 1x12. But anyway, make sure the cab has decent speakers.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Make sure the impedences match too, is the TT's 16 or 8?

And you could get the Orange 1x12. But anyway, make sure the cab has decent speakers.

I heard it could take both, not sure though.

You see, if I was to make my own cab, I was looking for pay around £30 each for the speakers.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

You could get some good speakers used maybe? They'll be broken in, so that's an advantage.

And make your own cab, it'd be cool, and personal. Tolex it a crazy colour aswell.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I would need to know if the speakers are any good though. And a reliable place to get them.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Quote by Lordoflax
I heard it could take both, not sure though.

You see, if I was to make my own cab, I was looking for pay around £30 each for the speakers.

some of the 10" eminences (which I hear good things about, but have no personal experience with) aren't much more than that. I think.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
some of the 10" eminences (which I hear good things about, but have no personal experience with) aren't much more than that. I think.

Well, I have realised that 10" are quite alot cheaper than 12". Would the sound be terribly quieter than using 2x12"?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

^ not really quieter, it'll just sound a little different... 10" speakers can be very nice.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ BNIB? no idea, my guess is that if they're too cheap, they aren't great. things like 70/80's etc. aren't great speakers...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
BNIB is usually "brand new in box" from what I've seen. Don't know anything about those speakers however.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
This is the only thing that intriuged me, could be tottaly wrong.

"The G10 Vintage is the natural evolution of the well-respected Vintage 10. Closer to the sound of the Vintage 30 than its predecessor, the G10 Vintage still maintains a distinctive tonal flavour of its own. All of these speakers use the same voice coil designs and similar ceramic magnet structures to achieve their familiar, hard-rocking Celestion sound.
"

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

^^ haha touche, I should have clicked the link!

I hear, from a pretty reliable source (i.e. the guy knows a lot more about guitar than I do) that the eminence 10" are a lot better than the celestion ones, and you have a lot more choice too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^^ haha touche, I should have clicked the link!

I hear, from a pretty reliable source (i.e. the guy knows a lot more about guitar than I do) that the eminence 10" are a lot better than the celestion ones, and you have a lot more choice too.

But are they as cheap?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

yeah, i think so.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ hah, not really, I haven't tried them...

best bet is to email eminence with what you want tonewise, and they should get back to you.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
can't you ask your reliable source

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6624&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=eminence&start=15

phil king is the reliable source there. i think he posts in that thread about 10" eminences.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I heard that a combination of eminence ramrod and rajin cajun is extremely good.
The two speakers fill the gaps in the others sound.
Page 1 of 2