1st of all, I used the almighty search button and didn't find nothing, and this is the forum that looks to me the best to ask this question.
Well do anyone know a software that when I connect the guitar to the pc, it'll allow me to play with effects and to emulate amplifiers? But not only to record with it, also to play in real time. I know that I can use some VST plugins and record but I want also to play and practice. Not just to record.
So do anyone know about such a software? And thanks in advance
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

there is one called guitar rigg 2 that is very good the only thing is tou need to buy not download it casue it comes witha peice of ardware that baisicly boosts your guitar signal and cuts out the lag time a little. oh and a damn good sound card is a must as well
Quote by sillybuuger12
there is one called guitar rigg 2 that is very good the only thing is tou need to buy not download it casue it comes witha peice of ardware that baisicly boosts your guitar signal and cuts out the lag time a little. oh and a damn good sound card is a must as well

Thank you I'm gonna try the demo
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

guitar rig 2 seconded, excellent piece of software. gives an awesome array of tones and effects from all kind of amp and microphone placement setups
i got amplitube LE, but i did get it free with guitar tracks pro v3 (so it kinda wasn't free) but it's sick nevertheless.
If you have something clever to say, don't bother, most people won't get it.

ZOMFG TEH SP33[) I-I4><!!1!

No... Herman Li's just really good...

"Yes I do like marmalade in my eggs! Thank you for asking!"

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

Thank you but guitar rig 2 gives me a huge delay from the time that I play, to the time that I hear it. Anyone knows a way to fix that?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Amplitube (not very good) Guitar Rig 2 (decent but over priced), iZotope Trash (is a distortion that doubles as an amp simulator for most things and is really good), Rock Amp Legends (this one is pretty good too.) theres also a whole bunch of VSTs you can get for auto-wah, phasing, delay etc.

it looks like you have latency issues, the only way to fix that is to buy a better soundcard and get more RAM.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Line6 Gearbox. Amazingly powerful software.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Amplitube (not very good) Guitar Rig 2 (decent but over priced), iZotope Trash (is a distortion that doubles as an amp simulator for most things and is really good), Rock Amp Legends (this one is pretty good too.) theres also a whole bunch of VSTs you can get for auto-wah, phasing, delay etc.

it looks like you have latency issues, the only way to fix that is to buy a better soundcard and get more RAM.

Thanks. Maybe my sound card isn't very good. I don't think that it's a RAM problem. I have 512 MB of RAM and the software works fine. I just get a delay
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Can you adjust the latency in any of your options? I've never used that program, but I just bought a MIDI sequencer for Reason and had to go into the options to manually shorten the Latency.

I bought the Guitarport from Line 6 a while ago and have been enjoying it. The downloadable tabs/guitar tones really makes it worthwhile (for me anyway).

Plus it's only $100 for the program and hardware. I know they've updated some of their products and the guy at the music store I bought it from said that if I bought it later he would have recommended a newer version but the guitar port does as much, if not more than what I need.

I have heard the Amplitube and Guitar Rig programs are really good, but that's just from reviews I've read in guitar and computer music magazines. I'd like to try them.
Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Ibanez S-470 with Seymour Duncans
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6
Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge
Quote by urik
Thank you but guitar rig 2 gives me a huge delay from the time that I play, to the time that I hear it. Anyone knows a way to fix that?

Use ASIO4ALL.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
Use ASIO4ALL.

Mmmh It doesn't seem to help maybe because it's a demo and not the full version connected through the USB port?
Thanks anyway
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

What was the result at last? Did you manage the use the simulator?
I want to know how is the quality? Is it comparable with a real (hardware) amp?
VST plug-ins are all you need...you can practice with them, you need a good computer for any guitar amp software
Quote by aradine
i wish i got disowned by my grandparents so i could stay home tommorow and fap.

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX

Amps:
Vox Valvetronix 30
So you mean it can be used just for practice.
Someone told me the quality of some of these simulators are just the same as a real Amp and FX. But I can’t believe that.
Anybody has real experience with them?
I've played around with Guitarrig 2, I've gotta say, It was great fun, loads and loads of different options on amps, cabs, mic placement, then you have the different knobs on the amp, then you can choose pedals to put infront of it etc etc. Also I think you can download some other settings and emulators for it.

Its tone is alrite, its no natural tube amp, but lets face it, it wouldnt be would it.
Quote by Caustic
Line6 Gearbox. Amazingly powerful software.

+1gabillion
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus